I love trying out new toothbrushes.
I know, I’m weird. But I do. While I have my trusty manual toothbrush that I use daily, I don’t always feel like it is getting my teeth as clean as they could be. I like using electric toothbrushes but never really found “the one” to make me switch.
I just finished using the Oral-B® Professional Precision™ 1000 rechargeable power toothbrush for two weeks and I have to say, I really like it! It was sort of one of those “Hey Mikey” moments. I tried it, I liked it. No, actually, I tried it and I loved it!
The Oral-B® Professional Precision™ 1000 rechargeable power toothbrush has a MUCH smaller head than your standard manual toothbrush. I had a bit of a hard time getting used to that. The smaller size made me feel like I wasn’t going to get as clean teeth. But actually, it fit better in my mouth and reached MORE of my teeth easier. So after I adjusted to the size, I really liked it.
This sucker packs a punch too! It is like a super charged toothbrush with oscillating, rotating and pulsating movements. After I tried it the first time, my gums felt all tingly. But in a good way. They felt clean! And my teeth felt clean, smooth and were very shiny. It has sort of a safety measure so you can’t push too hard. It will literally bog down and stop spinning if you push even a little too hard. So you really can’t brush too hard. You have to let the spinning action do the work which minimized any irritation to my gums.
As you can see in the image above, this toothbrush is very long. For me, personally, that was a bit awkward. I would like it even more if it was a little bit shorter. Other than that, it was perfect and after two week of use, my teeth feel and look cleaner than they have in a long time! I’m a heavy tea drinker so anything that can remove tea stains from my teeth is a winner in my book. And the Oral-B® Professional Precision™ 1000 rechargeable power toothbrush did just that!
ORAL-B PROFESSIONAL CARE 1000 FEATURES
- Cleaning action: Provides 40,000 pulsations and 8,800 oscillations per minute
- Professional timer: A two-minute timer with 30-second intervals makes it easy to track how long you’ve been brushing
- Pressure sensor: Stops pulsations to notify you when you’re brushing too hard
- 1 customized brushing mode: Daily Clean
- Indicator® bristles: Remind you to replace your brush head every 3 months, once they’ve faded halfway
- Multiple attachment brush headswith compact, round design
- Precision Clean Brush Head: Provides a deep and thorough clean
- Charge indicator: Lets you know that the brush is charged
ORAL-B PROFESSIONAL CARE 1000 DETAILS
1 brush head (Oral-B Precision Clean)
1 portable SmartPlug charger
OralB is offering a $20 mail-in rebate on select power toothbrushes July 1 through September 30, 2012. Please visit OralB.com for more information.
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Modern Mom on behalf of Oral-B and received a product sample to facilitate my review.