This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Sponsored #WhatMonthlyPain #CollectiveBias Advil® Menstrual Pain
Mother Nature is not always kind to us girls. Those nasty cramps, back pain, headache, bloating, fatigue and moodiness. Menstrual pain is not fun! Some ladies have really easy periods. I am one of the unlucky ladies that has these symptoms in severity. Unfortunately, our oldest daughter inherited it from me. She suffers each month. And she suffers badly. She has very bad cramps, back pain and headaches with her period. I’ve seen her laid up for 2 – 3 days out of a period with it.
Our daughter loves to be outdoors. She loves fishing, shooting her bow/hunting, basketball and other outdoor activities. She is a “tomboy princess”. I call her that because she also loves to hang out with her friends and do facials, manicures, shop, bake, cook, etc. She’s a pretty well rounded girl! But when she’s in pain, she misses out on all that. And, as her mom, it makes me sad.
When it’s “that time of the month”, we like to get in the kitchen and make up all sorts of sweet treats and junk food. Yes, we give in to our monthly sugary cravings. It gives me a chance to bond with my girl, snuggled up on the couch and watching movies. But nobody wants to bake cakes when they’re feeling miserable. I’ve talked to her about periods and what to expect. I’ve given her ideas on how to cope with her symptoms. I’ve also proactively looked for things that will help her feel better.
I was shopping around at Walmart a couple weeks ago, for something new that would help ease the pain, and I came across Advil® Menstrual Pain. It was in the pain medication aisle where the other menstrual pain relievers are. It was actually kind of hard to spot in our store. There were only a couple menstrual pain relief products on the very bottom shelf and this was tucked in the middle, so when you look for it, look really well!
Reading the box I noticed that Advil® Menstrual Pain is caffeine-free and antihistamine-free so it won’t make her jittery or keep her up at night. I felt like this was exactly what she needed.
I bought a box and gave her the recommended dose which was one tablet. Always Use as directed. In less than an hour she started feeling better and we decided to get in the kitchen together and bake up some treats!
Since she was feeling better, we first went to Wal-Mart, grabbed what we needed and then headed back home to whip up our quick dessert before snuggling in for pizza and movies. Our typical go-to craving is chocolate but with it being Thanksgiving, we’d both been craving something gingerbread and cinnamon-y. So we decided to make a Pumpkin and Ginger Trifle. OH. MY. YUM!
We ate pizza, watched our movie, devoured our trifle and enjoyed some mother-daughter time together. Pain free.
This trifle is super easy to make and it only uses a few ingredients including spice cake or gingerbread mix (eggs, oil and water to bake that), instant pudding (we used vanilla and pumpkin spice), whipped topping and ginger snaps. (Full recipe below)
- Bake your cake and cut it into cubes
- Crush up your cookies
- Make the pudding (two 3 oz boxes pumpkin spice and one 5 oz box vanilla) and let chill 5 minutes
- Fold whipped topping into vanilla pudding
- Alternate layers with the cake, pudding and crushed cookies.
- Top with whipped topping and sprinkle crushed ginger cookies on top
*NOTE*: If you can’t find the pumpkin spice pudding, mix one 5 oz box of vanilla pudding with one 15 oz can of pumpkin pie filling and 3 cups of cold milk and let chill 5 minutes or until set.
*SIDE-NOTE: If you’re in the mood for chocolate here’s some substitutions: use chocolate cake, chocolate pudding mixed with whipped topping and chocolate sandwich cookies instead. Layer cubed cake, then pudding/whipped topping mix, then crushed cookies, etc. until bowl is full.
We could not have done all that without some pain relief. The Advil® Menstrual Pain lasts up to 6 hours so we had plenty of time to just hang out together. This mama’s happy!
Here’s what I love about Advil® Menstrual Pain:
- Targets the cause of menstrual cramps & discomfort to relieve pain for up to 6 hours. Caffeine Free, Antihistamine Free, Easy to Swallow. *Use as directed.
- #1 Doctor Recommended Brand for Menstrual Pain.
Check out Advil® Menstrual Pain if you’re teen daughter (12 and up) is experiencing any of the following with her period:
- Menstrual Cramps
- Back Pain
Ok, here’s that recipe.
Gingerbread Trifle Recipe:
- 2 - 3oz boxes instant pumpkin spice pudding
- 1 - 5oz box instant vanilla pudding
- Spice Cake or Gingerbread Cake Mix (eggs, water, oil)
- 12 oz - Whipped topping
- 20 ginger cookies (Ginger snaps)
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- Once cooled, cut cake into 1 inch cubes - set aside
- Make pudding according to package directions and let chill 5 minutes or until set
- For vanilla pudding, fold in 6 oz whipped topping and set aside
- Crush ginger cookies
- In large trifle bowl, layer ingredients in the following order:
- Layer ⅓ of cake cubes in bottom
- Top with half of pumpkin spice pudding
- Sprinkle ⅓ cookie crumbs over top
- Layer ⅓ of cake cubes over cookie crumbs
- Top with vanilla pudding/whipped topping mixture
- Sprinkle another ⅓ cookie crumbs over top
- Layer with last ⅓ cake cubes
- Top with remaining pumpkin spice pudding
- Top pudding with remainder of whipped topping
- Sprinkle top with last ⅓ cookie crumbs
- Garnish with whole ginger cookies
- Serve immediately
For a chocolate trifle, substitute with chocolate cake, chocolate and vanilla pudding (or butterscotch) and chocolate sandwich cookies. Assembly is the same.