Disclosure: I received complimentary family passes to Ober Gatlinburg as a thank you for posting. All opinions are my own and/or those of family members facilitating this review.
If you’ve never been to Ober Gatlinburg, you are sorely missing out on one of the most gorgeous and breathtaking views around. I thought I’d seen all the mountain view glory that the Smoky Mountains had to offer but man oh man, I was totally wrong! Ober Gatlinburg has something for your entire family too, not just a spectacular view!
To get to Ober Gatlinburg, you can drive and pay to park. But what fun is that? The best way and one that gives you views of Gatlinburg is the Ober Gatlinburg Ariel Tramway. The two tramway cars hold up to 120 people and is a 2.1 mild ride. It is one of America’s largest Aerial Tramways Tickets are round trip to Ober and back. On the way up to Ober, you have a guide that gives you a brief history of some of the homes and views that you will see along the way.
Once you arrive at Ober, the fun begins!
Ober Gatlinburg features a small amusement park with rides for the family and small children including a Carousel, Chair Swing, merry-go-round cars, water slide, scenic chairlift, Amaze’n Maze, Blue Cyclone Rapids, Kiddie Land, Mini Golf, Ober’s Lightnin’ Raft Ride and Shoot-the-Chute, Snow Tubing and of course, the Apline Slide as well as indoor ice skating. In the winter, they offer skiing!
It is so pretty there in the fall!
Some of the activities are closed during the late fall and winter season. Because we went in November, we didn’t get to do everything but we did have a ton of fun. The kids loved the carousel, Kiddie Land and the Chair Swings.
My son a father-n-law were dubbed “Pancho and Lefty” on the carousel. Giddy Up!
There is a fun Wildlife Encounter where you can see black bears, birds and river otters.
When you’re ready for a little break from the rides, you can ride the South’s longest chairlift to an even higher elevation for a panoramic view of the Great Smoky Mountains. This is where the view will take your breath away! After memorial Day (and while we were there) there is a Bluegrass band playing. They are facing the view so if you turn your back to them, listen to their music and look out over the mountains, you are transported to the most serene and relaxing place you could ever be.
Are you ready to see it? I have photos of the ride on the chair lift and then regular camera shots and one panoramic shot of the Ober Gatlinburg scenic view for you. My pictures just do not do it justice. I wish I’d had my big camera with me instead of the Bloggie and our phones because then maybe you would have seen just how gorgeous it all was. Next time… definitely! Here you go:
I have a ton of photos and no room in this post to show them all. Plus there is so much to do there and so much to talk about. I’ve run out of room in this post and will have to pick it up in another. Clay rode the Apline Slide and said is was a lot of fun. He’s ready to go back and ride it again!
So that is all for today. Have you ever been there? If not, I hope you and your family get a change to visit Ober Gatlinburg!
Blogging In The Smokies
- I’m Spending Spring Break Fireside. Fireside Chalets.
- Our Fabulous Smoky Mountain Fall Break with Colonial Properties!
- Our Fall Vacation With Fireside Chalet And Cabin Rentals
- Circle G Ranch. The Frisky Yak, Kissing Camel And The Water Buffalo Grope.
- Family Fun At Circle G Ranch
- Enjoy The “Country Charm” At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals. Lot’s Of Photos. @auntiebelhams
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel In Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Family Fun At Ober Gatlinburg
- Family Tradition At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland Sevierville, Tennessee
- Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Winter Haven
- Ripley’s Mirror Maze In Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Experience Fall In The Smoky Mountains With Adventure Park Zip Lines At Five Oaks
- Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster. Fun For The Entire Family! #smokies
- Fun At OktOBERfest Ober Gatlinburg
- Anniversary Getaway At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Bear’s Den @auntiebelhams
- Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center – Pigeon Forge @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- Gatlinburg Getaway At Mulberry Place – Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- The Hollywood Wax Museum Pigeon Forge, Tennessee @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- 8 Ripley’s Attractions Gatlinburg Discount!
- Ski Mountain Coaster At Ober Gatlinburg
- Fall Fun At Oakes Family Farm Corn Maze And Pumpkin Patch
- Ripley’s Aquarium Of The Smokies
- Ripleys 5D Moving Theater