I’ve been telling you all about how Biz works to remove stains from your clothes. And, last month, I told you that you can also use Biz to clean and remove stains in your home. Today, I’m going to give you some tips on how to use powdered Biz to prep your home for the Holidays!
If you will be having guests (and even if not) this Holiday season, you’ll want your house to be sparkling clean. The powdered form of Biz works great to clean multiple surfaces in your home. It’s not just for laundry stains!
Some of the areas I like to use powdered Biz are:
- Trash Cans
For counters, sinks, trash cans, refrigerators and floors: Mix 1 scoop (1 cup) Biz in 1 gallon of warm water. Apply solution to dirty surface with sponge, cloth, or mop (for sensitive skin wear gloves). Or, sprinkle Biz on wet sponge, cloth or brush. Scrub on surface to clean. Do not let dry. Rinse thoroughly.
Our new (to us) house had a stain on the kitchen counter. I used Biz, a green scrubber and some steel wool with Biz and it took the stain off. Let me clarify that the steel wool did not work by itself or with other cleaners. The Biz did the trick!
- Garbage Disposal: Pour 3/8 cup (lowest line on scoop) of Biz into disposal. Let stand for 15 minutes. Then flush with hot water while running the disposal. I no longer have a garbage disposal (thank Goodness!) but if I did, I’d use this. Our old disposal would get so gunky and gross. This is a great way to cleanse it.
- Bathroom Sinks
For bathroom sinks, showers and tubs: Sprinkle Biz on wet sponge, cloth, or brush. Scrub on surface to clean (for sensitive skin wear gloves). Do not allow to dry. Rinse thoroughly.
- Toilet bowl: Add one scoop to bowl, mix with brush to dissolve powder and clean bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes, then flush to rinse thoroughly.
Two to three days before guests are due to arrive I scrub the shower/tub, trash cans and refrigerator and (previously) the garbage disposal. Our guests don’t typically spend the night during the Holidays so the tub and shower will be fresh enough two days later. The garbage can may need a wipe down that morning but it typically stays pretty clean for a couple days after cleaning, as does the refrigerator. So I like to get these out of the way a couple days in advance.
The day before, I spend prepping all the food for the Holiday meal. I get that out of the way and then start cleaning up.
I make the kids pick up anything they’ve drug out, then I dust and vacuum, sweep and mop and clean. I use my powdered Biz to clean the kitchen counters and sink, bathroom sink, hard floors and lastly, the toilets.
Having one cleaner to do everything makes it so much easier. I’m not toting around several different things to clean with. The house doesn’t smell like a gazillion different fragrances of cleaners and I can get in there and get all the cleaning done quickly, light my favorite Holiday scented candle and be done with it!
The graininess of the Biz really gets in there and grabs dirt and grime. It works great on grout and any textured areas like on a refrigerator or linoleum floor.
When I’m done, the house smells great and sparkles like new!
What are some tips and tricks you have to prep your home for the Holidays?
- Get Cleaner Work Clothes With Biz Stain & Odor Eliminator
- Dirty Little Laundry Secrets. We All Have Them!
- Remove Stains From Clothes With Biz Stain And Odor Remover
- How To Prep Your Home For The Holidays With Powdered Biz