Clay and I always try do something fun and different when we go on vacation. We also love to take the kids to a pumpkin patch in the fall. This year, the two were able to coincide! We were lucky enough to receive a complimentary visit to Oakes Family Farm Corn Maze And Pumpkin Patch in Corryton, TN, thanks to US family Guide, and we had a great time!
We were vacationing in Gatlinburg so it was about a 45 minute to an hour drive but it was so worth it. My first impression when we pulled up was that this place was legit full on family fun. We’ve been to local places that were just a field with some pumpkins, a wagon that took you there and not much else. The same can’t be said about the Oakes Family Farm. You can tell that there is a lot of thought an effort into running it.
You purchase your tickets at the ticket window of a giant barn. You enter though the gift shop where is there are candles, crafts, stuffed animals, t-shirts and more. The entire barn is decorated with vintage items and farm decor. I felt right at home. It is so welcoming.
Once you exit the gift shop you’ll see a GIANT corn maze to the right. You can get a card with a mystery on it. You go through the maze looking for stations with the clues from your card. When you get there you use the hole punch to punch your card until you get through and solve the puzzle. The corn maze is professionally designed each year and you can see that it has an awesome Tennessee related theme, from an aerial view. This maze is huge. We got tired partway through and came out early. It was a lot of fun but we were hot and tired. Even just going through half of it was a lot of fun though.
Next we headed over to the slides that are made to look like mine shaft. It is corrugated plastic pipe so you slide through a “tunnel”. The kids LOVED the slide. There is another slide beside it that isn’t a pipe. But it’s made of the same material. There were a lot of kids on it and they all seemed to really being having fun.
After the slide the kids jumped on the big inflated pillow. There were also a couple of sand box areas, a pedal car area, corrugated pipes that the kids could race and a petting zoo.
There were several concession areas with grilled foods, cold drinks and treats like funnel cakes and caramel apples. The bathrooms were neat and clean. A bit small for such a busy place, plenty of stalls but only two sinks. Still, they were indoors and nice compared to the port-a-potties of other places we’ve been.
After the kids played on all the Back 40 attractions and took tons of photos, we went on a hayride to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins. There were 6 of us and each of our tickets allowed for one pumpkin each. We ended up walking out of there with 6 large pumpkins! Clay and I had no idea how we were going to manage them on vacation and then get them home. But we made it work.
General Admission includes admission to the “Back 40” and a hayride. The “Back 40” includes over 25 fun attractions:
- Giant 9 Acre Professionally Designed Corn Maze
- Giant Slide
- Bouncing Pillow
- Kids’ Corn Maze
- Pedal Karts
- Giant Sand Play Area
I asked the kids what their favorite parts of the farm were and they all had something different. One loved the bouncy pillow, two loved the hayride, one loved the goats the petting zoo. No matter which they picked, they all agreed that Oakes Family Farm is a great place to visit together and that they’d all love to come back!
Had Clay and I been alone, we would have stayed and done the nighttime Trail Of Doom, a haunted adventure corn maze. This is separate from the regular maze and Back 40 attractions. I didn’t want to take the younger kids through there but it would have been a lot of fun if we’d been there all adults, or even the older kids. After 15 years, this is the last year they’ll be doing it at Oakes Farm.
About this years Trail Of Doom, from their site:
The final year of fear at Oakes Farm features one mega haunted attraction. This themed event features elements and scenes covering around 4 acres of land. Many things have been completely redesigned for the final season.
Because Oakes Farm wishes to focus on the non-haunted activities, 2015 is the last year for the Trail of Doom. At this point, it is unknown if the Trail of Doom will be moved elsewhere. While no specific plans are in place yet, we would love to see it continue at another location. We will certainly update our loyal customers as soon as we know something for sure.
They have a lot of events throughout the year. On October 29th they’ll be having a pumpkin carving contest to benefit Alzheimer’s Foundation. That is a very important cause to me so I’m super happy they are hosting that event. I wish we could be there that night.
- Big Kids and Adults – Ages 11 and up $10.95*
- Young Kids – 3 to 10 $ 8.95*
- Ages 2 and Under – FREE*
* Add a pumpkin of your choice $ 5.00
My readers get to save on your visit! $1 off General Admission – to Oakes Farm Tennessee Corn Maze! Valid for up to 19 guests! http://usfamilycoupons.com/coupon.php?regionid=75&bid=12194&dealid=2036
If we’re luck y enough to vacation in Tennessee in the fall, again, I’d love to take the kids back year after year! And if you’re in the area or going to be in the area… GO! Enjoy some fall fun with your family!
Blogging In The Smokies
- Our Fabulous Smoky Mountain Fall Break with Colonial Properties!
- Circle G Ranch. The Frisky Yak, Kissing Camel And The Water Buffalo Grope.
- Family Fun At Circle G Ranch
- Enjoy The “Country Charm” At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals. Lot’s Of Photos. @auntiebelhams
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel In Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Family Fun At Ober Gatlinburg
- Family Tradition At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland Sevierville, Tennessee
- Free Visit Gatlinburg Tennessee Guide Book
- Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Winter Haven
- Ripley’s Mirror Maze In Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Experience Fall In The Smoky Mountains With Adventure Park Zip Lines At Five Oaks
- Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster. Fun For The Entire Family! #smokies
- Fun At OktOBERfest Ober Gatlinburg
- Anniversary Getaway At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Bear’s Den @auntiebelhams
- Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center – Pigeon Forge @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- Gatlinburg Getaway At Mulberry Place – Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- The Hollywood Wax Museum Pigeon Forge, Tennessee @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- 8 Ripley’s Attractions Gatlinburg Discount!
- Ski Mountain Coaster At Ober Gatlinburg
- Fall Fun At Oakes Family Farm Corn Maze And Pumpkin Patch
- Ripley’s Aquarium Of The Smokies
- Ripleys 5D Moving Theater