My 3 daughters share a room and it is a total mess. 3 girls + 1 room = TON’S of stuff. But thanks to the folks at schoollockers.com, and a complimentary items for review, I found a way to help organize your child’s room with kids lockers! I recently had the opportunity to try out one of their White Kids Lockers. Out of 30 colors to choose from, I chose white to go in my daughters room so that it would match everything in there and would work if/when we change their decor.
These lockers work great in your kids rooms, closets, garage, sports/exercise room, etc. You could stack several side-by-side like in a locker room and have tons of storage space. They are 15″ wide x 15” deep and 54” high overall. While the size is large to discourage tipping, the 16-gauge lockable door is fairly heavy so I would definitely advise securing with a strap on the back or bolting the two bottom legs to the floor to add some extra security, especially if you have younger children or even pets. You wouldn’t want to take a chance of it falling on your little ones. Also, the back legs are adjustable so you can level your locker.
Our daughters use their locker for everything. Right now they have their coats and backpacks for school in there. Our oldest daughter also stores her violin in it.
It comes with several hooks that you can place in several locations. They work great for coats, backpacks and hats. The shelf on the top is perfect for books or small toys and you can store shoes in the bottom.
The latch is very secure, yet easy enough for all the kids to open. It is thick with a groove that allows you to easily lift it to unlock your locker.
Now, ours didn’t seem to come with instructions. There was a hole in the box when it arrived so they may have fallen out during shipping or maybe they aren’t included. It requires assembly so without the instructions it was a bit hard to assemble. Also, it only uses nuts and bolts with no screwdriver slot, just smooth capped bolts so make sure they are all tightened really well! What I didn’t realize, is that they are available on their site for download. I wish I had looked better before assembling. Oops! Either way, it’s up and we love it.
- Perfect Size: Manufactured 15″ wide x 15″ deep to discourage tipping, 54″ kids height
- Doors: Durable 16-gauge metal doors and 16-gauge reinforced welded channel frames for superior rigidity and durability
- Latching: Secure three-point latching to prevent prying and keep valuables secure and safe
- Hooks: Includes 2 single prong wall hooks and 1 double prong ceiling hook
- Shelf: Includes convenient upper hat shelf
- Handles: Stainless steel recessed handles for aesthetic appeal. Catch-free handles eliminate protrusions from the face of the locker door
- Powder Coated: Premium paint process that provides a durable, attractive and scratch resistant finish
- Louvers: Louvered doors promote ventilation
- Continuous Door Strikes: Prevent latch and frame damage
- Quiet Features: Includes unique nylon glides and rubber bumpers to minimize noise and provide smooth operation for years to come
- Legs: 6″ high legs are standard
- Lockable: Accomodates all available types
- Number Plates: 1 and up are included with each order unless you indicate otherwise
White Kids Lockers are available at SchoolLockers.com for $114.95
One lucky reader will win a locker in the same style as ours but in the color of your choice from SchoolLockers.com! Giveaway open to US residents. Ends: 2/18/14
Enter using the Giveaway Tools widget below