Disclosure: My family and I received complimentary tickets to Ripley’s Mirror Maze. All opinions are our own.
Have you ever visited Ripley’s Mirror Maze labyrinth of mirrors and LED lights? If not, you’re in for an affordable treat! The maze isn’t super long but it is fun. We took our kids there a few months ago and they loved it!
The Mirror Maze is just what it sounds like, a maze of mirrors. And lights. Because the walls are glass mirrors, they have a box of gloves in the entrance. Once you scan in your ticket, put on a pair of rubber gloves and start your maze tour.
Even with all the lights, it is really dark and you can barely see your hand in front of your face! Everywhere you turn is your reflection and lights that go on for ever. You literally have to feel your way around, hence the gloves. (no fingerprints to constantly clean!)
All the lights look like millions of tiny stars.
The pathways/hallways are all red and make everything in there look red. It’s kind of creepy with all that red! As you can see in the photo, it can be really confusing going through. The pathways look like they go off in all directions when in reality, there is only one true path. There are a couple spots where you can go right or left but they wind back in the same main path.
Another room had a mirror spot in the floor that made it look like you were going to fall in. Our 4 year old daughter freaked out a little. She was a little scared and we had to pick her up and move her past that spot. Once we were able to explain that it was just the effect from the mirrors, she was fine and ready to continue on. I’m not sure if you can see in the middle of the photo below or not. But that is the area she got scared in. We were the only ones going through at the time so I used my flash so you could see better what all the mirrors look like.
We thought the maze itself could be a little longer. We seemed to go through it fairly quickly. The reflections, however, just go on and on and on…
OPEN 365 DAYS A YEAR
January – February: 11am to 8pm
March – Memorial Day: 10am to 9pm
Memorial – Labor Day: 10am to 11pm
Labor Day – New Year’s Day: 10am to 9pm
Many attractions can break the bank but the Mirror Maze is pretty affordable. It doesn’t cost any more than a buffet meal. You can save money by buying your Ripley’s Attractions Tickets online. You can purchase bundles if you want to visit more than one attraction on your trip.
- Mirror Maze Adult – $ 9.99
- Mirror Maze Child (3-11) – Price: $ 7.99
- 3D Hologlasses (we didn’t know about these on our trip) – $1.00
Even though our daughter was a little scared in one spot, she said she wants to go back the next time we go. We all had a great time and even though we wish the maze was a little bit longer, we can’t wait for our next trip through the Ripley’s Mirror Maze in Gatlinburg, Tennessee!
Blogging In The Smokies
- Our Fabulous Smoky Mountain Fall Break with Colonial Properties!
- Circle G Ranch. The Frisky Yak, Kissing Camel And The Water Buffalo Grope.
- Family Fun At Circle G Ranch
- Enjoy The “Country Charm” At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals. Lot’s Of Photos. @auntiebelhams
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel In Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Family Fun At Ober Gatlinburg
- Family Tradition At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland Sevierville, Tennessee
- Free Visit Gatlinburg Tennessee Guide Book
- Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Winter Haven
- Ripley’s Mirror Maze In Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Experience Fall In The Smoky Mountains With Adventure Park Zip Lines At Five Oaks
- Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster. Fun For The Entire Family! #smokies
- Fun At OktOBERfest Ober Gatlinburg
- Anniversary Getaway At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Bear’s Den @auntiebelhams
- Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center – Pigeon Forge @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- Gatlinburg Getaway At Mulberry Place – Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- The Hollywood Wax Museum Pigeon Forge, Tennessee @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- 8 Ripley’s Attractions Gatlinburg Discount!
- Ski Mountain Coaster At Ober Gatlinburg
- Fall Fun At Oakes Family Farm Corn Maze And Pumpkin Patch
- Ripley’s Aquarium Of The Smokies
- Ripleys 5D Moving Theater