We gave our dog, Jasper, his forever home last December just 2 days before Christmas. Some days he’s a total pain in the butt but I wouldn’t trade him for anything in the world. Especially when he looks at me with those big brown eyes and long eye lashes. He’s such a cutie. I can’t get enough of that sweet little face!
This post is sponsored by Swiffer® and the BlogPaws Professional Pet Blogger Network. I am helping spread the word about Swiffer but Cinnamon Hollow only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Swiffer is not responsible for the content of this article.
A new pet for Christmas is one gift that your child will never forget. Our own kids agree. Jasper is one gift that we will always remember until the end of our time. And it seems this is the time of year when many parents do decide to gift a pet. The vast majority (88%) of parents say that a pet is one of the most memorable holiday gifts a child could receive while more than half (58%) agree that cleaning up their mess can be a major source of stress. As a pet parent, I can attest to that, especially during the Holidays. But it doesn’t have to be.
Many people will refrain from getting their child a pet, even though they want to, simply because they fear the mess. But with products like Swiffer®, cleaning up that mess can be quick and easy. I used a few Swiffer products including the Swiffer Sweeper and Swiffer Duster to help get our home Holiday ready before Thanksgiving dinner and I’ll do the same for Christmas. They work very well to remove pet hair from the floors and the furniture.
@BarkBox and @Swiffer are teaming up to make sure cleaning concerns are never an obstacle when bringing your child’s first pet. Through December, new pup parents who adopt from partnering shelters will get a free Welcome Home Kit packed with goodies and cleaning supplies. Because with any furry family member… #ShedHappens.
The Welcome Home Kit Includes the following trademark BarkBox goodies and Swiffer products:
- Coupon for a free Swiffer Sweeper Starter Kit: A 2-in-1 hard surface sweeping and mopping tool. The dry cloth has deep ridges and grooves that conform to the surface of your floor to trap and lock dirt, dust and hair, while the wet cloth dissolves dirt and grime and traps it away giving you an amazing clean.
- Swiffer Sweeper Dry Refill Kit
- Swiffer Duster: (I LOVE THIS THING!) With Dust Lock Adhesive™ and 50% more fibers than regular dusters, this amazing all-around design cleans deep into grooves to trap and lock up to 3X more dust than a feather duster.
- Coupon for a free Febreze product
- Bark Toy
- Bark Treat
- Fresh Chicken Recipe Food Sample and Food Coupon
- Welcome Home Guide featuring information from child development expert, Dr. Aubrey Fine, on the benefits of a pet for children and info from the Bark folks to make the adoption transition easier for pets.
In honor of this cool team up, our family was lucky enough to, not only receive but, gift a Welcome Home Kit to another pet family to help clean up little fur baby messes. Our recipient has 2 cats and a dog. She also has hard wood floors throughout her entire home, a husband and a job that keep her busy. This person has done a lot for our family, our kids, Clay and me and even Jasper and Honey. She’s always there when we need her. So I thought she would be the perfect person to gift a Welcome Home Kit to. While this isn’t a new pet family, it is still a pet family that loves their animals, treats them like regular family members and welcomes products that help keep the messes cleaned up.
We were going to surprise her by doing the “ding-dong-ditch” just like you see in the Swiffer commercials, but she was at work when we dropped off her Welcome Home Kit. So we had to leave it at the door with a note inside explaining what it was. She came over later to thank us and I managed to get a photo of her holding her box. She was really happy with the Swiffer products and her dog will love the peanut butter treats, toy and dog food sample that was included for him.
Check out our video talking a little about our gift giving experience.
Don’t let a little shed keep you from adopting a new pet because #ShedHappens. Swiffer helps clean it up!