Disclosure: We received complimentary tickets to the Hollywood Wax Museum to facilitate our review. All opinions are strictly your own and were formed through a personal visit. Your results may vary.
Each time we head to Gatlinburg, Clay and I find a new activity to do with the kids. This last trip we visited The Hollywood Wax Museum in Pigeon Forge as well as the Castle Of Chaos. They were so much fun!
I’m gonna tell you a little about the Hollywood Wax Museum and the Castle of Chaos. There is also a fun attraction called Hannah’s Mirror Maze and you can visit all three with a Pick 3 pass but unfortunately it was closed during our visit so we were only able to visit the two.
The Hollywood Wax Museum features life sized wax sculptures of some of America’s famous celebrity Hollywood icons. You can’t miss this place when you’re heading into Pigeon Forge. Why? Because there is a GIANT King Kong scaling the side of the building!
When you first enter you and your group will have your photo taken with a large King Kong. The photographer will take two photos, one with you all smiling and one with you making a scared face. You have the option to purchase one or both at the end of your tour. We purchased both!
After your photo is taken you begin the self-guided tour through the museum. Along the way there are several celebrities and you can take your photo with each one. Just don’t touch the wax figure! Many of them are posed so that you have a perfect photo opp. Each one of the actors and actresses are dressed as a characters from one of their most notable movies. There are also singers and performers along the way.
Most of the wax figures looked exactly like the celebrity. There were a few that I didn’t think looked anything at all like the celeb. Like Megan Fox. She and Shia LeBeouf were standing side by side in a Transformer’s scene. I thought Shia looked great but I just didn’t get “Megan Fox” from her sculpture. She was the only one that I thought didn’t resemble the original celebrity but, honestly, I wouldn’t have guessed hers. What do you think? Does this look like Megan Fox?
Arnold Schwarzenegger on the other hand, WOW! His face and Terminator makeup was dead on. Angelina Jolie was another figure that I thought was a great depiction.
About halfway through the tour those with pick 2/3 VIP passes can take the elevator up to the observation deck for photos with that giant King Kong! The kids thought it was hilarious to stand inside King Kong’s armpit and have their photo taken. You also get a gorgeous view of Pigeon Forge. It was rainy that day we went but the view was still beautiful.
After the observation deck you finish up the rest of the tour. We saw Kirsten Dundst, Jennifer Garner, Will Smith, Clint Eastwood, Willie Nelson, The Crypt Keeper and loads more.
There are screens beside each celebrity that give you their name, birth date and some have more information like the movie they were in, pet peeves and facts.
I thought the kids would get bored looking at wax figures of celebrities but they really loved the entire museum. There are tons of photo opps throughout. You can stand right beside the celebrity figures. But remember, like I said, just don’t actually touch the wax celebrities. We have several photos in which we got as close as we were permitted. Some even have props that you are allowed to use like a parasol with Kirsten Dundst or a cowboy hat with Clint Eastwood. You can easily make it look like you are right next to them and end up with an awesome photo.
Check out our video slideshow of all the photos we took at the Hollywood Wax Museum in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
My Readers receive $3 OFF PICK 3 Pass -COUPON LINK —> http://smokymountainskids.com/coupon.php?regionid=1131&bid=11227&lid=14352&dealid=1362 @pigeonforgewax @usfg
Please visit http://hollywoodwaxentertainment.com/ for more information.
Hollywood Wax Museum Pricing:
|Box Office Prices||Online Prices|
|Children under 4||Free|
* Discounts when you purchase Pick 2 or Pick 3
Tickets link: http://hollywoodwaxentertainment.com/tickets/
We had pick 2 passes so we were also able to visit the Castle of Chaos. It is an interactive 5D ride. You sit in stadium style seating with a bar that goes across an entire row of seats to keep you in place. You are given 3D/5D glasses and a laser gun.
The lights go out, the stadium begins to spin and you see ghosts and witches on the screens. The goal is to shoot as many as you can and get the highest score. Your photos are being taken the entire time and the winner of the round is displayed on the screen along with the runners up. You don’t win anything but it is a lot of fun. There is fog and at certain times air blasts the back of your head and lower legs. There are also rollers that run inside the seats to make it feel like rats running under your seats. It is creepy and a lot fun!
I didn’t get any photos inside, other than in the lobby because it is dark in the theater and you have to have any loose items secured so they don’t fly around when the stadium platform is rotating. So I didn’t get any photos of the actual game.
Our 5 year old daughter was old enough to ride but I have to say that it did scare her a little bit. Clay, our son, one of our daughters and I rode it a second time. Our younger girls had no desire to ride it again. The videos of the ghosts and witches weren’t all that scary but I think because it was dark, the very loud sound effects and spinning of the ride scared her a little. So be prepared if you have younger kids. They might not like it.
Hannah’s Mirror Maze is also inside the Castle of Chaos building, which is right beside the Hollywood Wax Museum, but it was being remodeled so we didn’t get the chance to check it out.
Blogging In The Smokies
- I’m Spending Spring Break Fireside. Fireside Chalets.
- Our Fabulous Smoky Mountain Fall Break with Colonial Properties!
- Our Fall Vacation With Fireside Chalet And Cabin Rentals
- Circle G Ranch. The Frisky Yak, Kissing Camel And The Water Buffalo Grope.
- Family Fun At Circle G Ranch
- Enjoy The “Country Charm” At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals. Lot’s Of Photos. @auntiebelhams
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel In Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Family Fun At Ober Gatlinburg
- Family Tradition At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland Sevierville, Tennessee
- Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Winter Haven
- Ripley’s Mirror Maze In Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Experience Fall In The Smoky Mountains With Adventure Park Zip Lines At Five Oaks
- Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster. Fun For The Entire Family! #smokies
- Fun At OktOBERfest Ober Gatlinburg
- Anniversary Getaway At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Bear’s Den @auntiebelhams
- Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center – Pigeon Forge @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- Gatlinburg Getaway At Mulberry Place – Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- The Hollywood Wax Museum Pigeon Forge, Tennessee @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- 8 Ripley’s Attractions Gatlinburg Discount!
- Ski Mountain Coaster At Ober Gatlinburg
- Fall Fun At Oakes Family Farm Corn Maze And Pumpkin Patch
- Ripley’s Aquarium Of The Smokies
- Ripleys 5D Moving Theater