I mention Trim Healthy Mama (THM) a lot on my blog. You may be wondering just what that is?
What is Trim Healthy Mama?
Trim Healthy Mama is an eating lifestyle that focuses on low-glycemic foods. Healthy fats, low impact carbs, no artificial sweeteners or ingredients. Sprouted or soured grains can be used on plan, like sprouted bread or true sourdough (no yeast).
Many Keto recipes fit into THM, as long as they use clean ingredients and no fillers. THM’s don’t like to use inulin fibers, artificial sweeteners that are still sugar, like sucralose or sugar spiking ingredients like tapioca powder. We use stevia, erithritol and monkfruit as our sweeteners of choice as well as xylitol (if you don’t have dogs) and allulose. Those at goal weight may use a little honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar in small quantities.
We separate fats and carbs in each meal setting. For instance, if I’m having bacon and eggs, I won’t have sprouted toast or fruit. If so, that would be called a crossover. Crossovers are great for growing children, hard working men and those at goal weight. But for us with significant weight loss goals, crossovers are best kept to special occasions. I actually do a few crossover meals during that time of the month. It seems to benefit my hormones and keep the sugary cravings at bay. A slice of sprouted toast smeared with butter and some cinnamon and sweetener is so good!
I use a lot of Trim Healthy Mama products and THM resources in our home. In fact, most of the special ingredients I use are THM brand. I’ve compiled a list, below of my favorite THM products as well as resources we use to make THM easier. Most of these are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of my links (THM or Amazon), I will earn a small commission to help keep this site running, without any extra fees being passed on to you. We appreciate your support!
We are adding to this list constantly, so besure to bookmark this page for updated resources and links! I’ll be adding a link to a sweetener conversion chart and other resources in the very near future!
While you’re here, be sure to check out our THM recipes too!
Ok, in no particular order, here are my absolute favorite THM and non-THM items and Trim Healthy Mama resources.
1. THM Books:
- Pristine Whey Protein (unflavored)
- Strawberry Protein Powder
- Chocolate Protein Powder
- Integral Collagen
- Baking Blend
- Oat Fiber
- Nutritional Yeast
- Baobab Boost Powder
- MCT Oil
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Defatted Pressed Peanut Powder
- Mineral Salt
- Glucomannan (gluccie)
- Sunflower Lecithin
- Just Gelatin 100% Beef Gelatin
- Whole Husk Psyllium Flakes
Sweetener conversion chart. Use the chart at the bottom of this page, to convert your sweetener amounts from sugar to your sweetener of choice! I will be creating a printable conversion chart with even more sweetener brands later this week so be sure to subscribe to our email list so you don’t miss it!
- Gentle Sweet w/Xylitol (toxic dogs see note below)
- Gentle Sweet without Xylitol
- Super Sweet
- Pure Stevia
Xylitol – NOTE: Toxic to dogs so please use with caution! We don’t, personally, use this or anything containing xylitol because our dog, Jasper, will grab things that fall to the floor before we can. Xylitol is safe for humans but highly toxic to dogs, so anything that contains it, like sugar-free chewing gum and MANY dental products, needs to be used with extreme caution if you have dogs in your home.
- Pyure brand sweetener and products
- Swerve Bakers Trio – confectioners, granulated and brown
- Swerve Brown Sugar substitute
- Allulose – GREAT for ice cream recipes to keep it softer
- Vanilla Extract
- Apricot Extract
- Banana Extract
- Butter Extract
- Chocolate Extract
- Peanut Butter Extract
- Caramel Extract
- Cherry Extract
- Coconut Extract
- Maple Extract
- Pecan Extract
- Pineapple Extract
- Tutti Fruiti Mama Extracts Pack
- Indulgent Mama Extracts Pack
- All Natural Bursts Flavors Pack
- Oolong Tea
- Lemon Love
- Blue Skies Colada
- Cherry Berry
- Hydrates Variety Pack
- Cherry Berry Bulk Mix
- Cherry Berry Baobab Bulk Mix
- Lemon Love Bulk Mix
- Feminine Balance
- Chillax Cream
- THM Pure & Classic CBD Oil
- THM Masculine Prime CBD Oil
- THM Heavy Hitter CBD ONLY
- Absolute Gourmet Skin Food Collection
- THM Orange Silk Lotion
- Orange Silk Hydrating Cream
- The Fountain: Baobab & Rose Anti-Aging Cream
- Bountiful Balm
- Clear AM/PM Kit
- Coconut Dream Hydrating Cream
- Luscious Lavender & Chamomile Cream
- The Spunj
Be sure to check out the entire THM Skin Care Line!
9. Made Makeup:
- Liddy: Eyeshadow Palette
- Lashy: Mascara
- Luxury Set: Makeup case, brushes, empty moisturizer pot and mister
- Pink Sipper Bottle
- Green Sipper Bottle
- Blue Sipper Bottle
- THM Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – I LOVE these spoons!
- 5 Pack Of Doonk Scoops (1/32 measuring spoon perfect for pure stevia)
- Workins Exercise DVD Set
Stay tuned for more Trim Healthy Mama resources!