I recently participated in a Weeknight Meal Special Challenge hosted by Bertolli.
You probably think of pasta when you hear the name Bertolli, but they also have frozen meals and frozen meals soups that are super delicious. My challenge was to create a special meal complete with decor in under an hour. Because my husband was going to be off work a couple of days, I decided to create a Romantic Luncheon for the two of us and serve the Bertolli Meal Soup. I had one hour to not only set up decor, but prepare and serve the lunch. With Bertolli Meal Soup is was EASY!
I chose the Tuscan-Style Beef with Vegetables. It is a frozen soup so all you have to do to prepare it is add one cup of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until it is hot, stirring occasionally. It was so quick!
While I was waiting for the soup to come to a boil, I set out the table decor. Valentine’s Day is coming up so there are plenty of romantic items to be found in the stores. I already had the black table linen. I found these gorgeous square Stoneware bowls and plates and then added red rose silk rose petals, cute Valentine Champagne flutes with iced tea, a vase (Starbucks Frap bottle) with some flowers from a bouquet that my husband bought me and candles. With the soup I served a nice, firm bread and small salad.
In less than an hour, I managed to set up a completely romantic table, prepare AND serve an entire meal. The soup was delicious and my husband and I really enjoy our romantic lunch date.
• Bertolli Frozen Meal Soups are hearty and fresh-tasting with vegetables, meats, pasta and herbs individually flash frozen at the peak of freshness.
• Bertolli Frozen Meal Soups are available in the frozen aisle, and can be prepared on your stovetop in minutes.
• With robust flavors and rich textures, new Bertolli Frozen Meal Soups are available in four varieties: Chicken Minestrone, Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta, Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken, and Tuscan-Style Beef with Vegetables.
• Bertolli Premium Meal Soups for Two are available in 24 oz. packages, and with the addition of one cup of water, yield 32 oz. of mouthwatering soup. The new line of hearty, fresh-tasting meal soups are available in the frozen aisle of grocery retailers nationwide, including Walmart and Target, in four varieties reminiscent of flavors created by Italian Chefs:
• Chicken Minestrone – Roasted white meat chicken, beans, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, tomatoes and pasta in a hearty vegetable broth
• Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta – Roasted white meat chicken, pasta, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and celery in a savory chicken broth
• Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken – Cheese-filled tortellini, white meat chicken, spinach and tomatoes in a rich tomato bisque with a hint of basil
• Tuscan-Style Beef with Vegetables – Tender beef, mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots and celery with bowtie pasta in a savory broth
With a brand heritage dating back 150 years to Lucca, Italy, Bertolli celebrates the authentic restaurant-quality Italian dining experience. Through their variety of pasta sauces, frozen meals and olive oils, Bertolli brings flavors reminiscent of kitchens of notable Italian chefs.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Bertolli to participate in the Weeknight Meal Special Challenge. All opinions are my own.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!