Disclosure: As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.
School started back here a few weeks ago and just when I thought we were all adjusting, allergies kicked in. Followed by stomach bugs and colds. Needless to say, we need to nip what we can in the bud. I might not be able to do much for stomach bugs and colds but I sure can treat allergy symptoms! I give my Children’s Claritin and my hubby and older kids and I all take Claritin.
We suffer from seasonal allergies so bad it’s hard to sometimes get out of the bed. I’ve mentioned my allergies before. They are that miserable.
As a Children’s Claritin Mom Crew member, I get access to great Allergy Tips and advice that I can pass along to you. And I have some awesome back-to-school tips for you. I’ve listed them below and have also add them as a download that you can download and print out and share if you’d like. Download link is below the list.
- 1. Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
- 2. Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your child’s daily routine.
- 3. Let there be light! Mold doesn’t like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy during the summer months!
- 4. Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
- 5. Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
- 6. Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days can be particularly high in pollen.
- 7. Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens from body surfaces and hair.
- 8. Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the day can help get rid of toxins and flush out body.
- 9. Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
Now I also want to tell you about Children’s Claritin and KaBOOM! Learn how you can help schools win Imagination Playground equipment.
Kids should have time to play — at home and at school. We know that creative play can make kids happy and healthy, but some kids aren’t getting enough of it. That’s why the makers of Children’s Claritin are teaming up with the national nonprofit KaBOOM! to help bring innovative play spaces to schools in need. As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, we want you to be among the first to hear about this exciting program.
Children’s Claritin and KaBOOM! are helping bring play to kids in need by offering 12 national schools the chance to win Imagination Playground™ equipment. These mobile play sets are comprised of oversized foam blocks that can be assembled inside or outside, giving children of all abilities the opportunity to foster creativity and critical-thinking skills.
Your vote can make a difference! Join Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, and KaBOOM! to help select 4 schools to receive Imagination Playground™ equipment. You can visit https://Facebook.com/Claritin between 8/1-10/31 to cast your vote for one of twelve finalist schools. The four schools with the most votes will win Imagination Playground™ equipment for their students.
Help bring these schools to the finish line!
- Chicago, IL – Hanson Park Elementary
- Cincinnati, OH – Pleasant Ridge Montessori School
- Joplin, MO – McKinley Elementary
- North Salem, NY – Westchester Exceptional Children’s School
- Union Town, PA – Menallen Elementary School
- Washington, DC – Sela Public Charter School
- New Orleans, LA – Audubon Charter School
- Spartanburg, SC – Spartanburg Charter School
- Willis, TX – Parmley Elementary Annex
- Vail, AZ – Sycamore Enrichment Center
- Santa Cruz, CA – Live Oak Elementary
- Spokane Valley, WA – St. John Vianney School
Voting for the Children’s Claritin & KaBOOM! program ends on October 31, 2013. Vote for Play with Children’s Claritin & KaBOOM! www.facebook.com/Claritin
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, health and lifestyle. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more