This is an apple cinnamon pancakes recipe we tried using Nectresse 100% Natural No Calorie Sweetener <— accompanying blog post!). It is really great and I wanted to share it with you. This particular monkfruit is no longer available so we recommend Lankanto Monkfruit (affiliate link), instead. It is delicious!
The pancakes are simple to make. I use an electric griddle when I make pancakes. This lets me make several at one time and they all cook evenly and get done at the same time so one person isn’t left with a cold pancake and we can all eat together!
If you’re allergic to cinnamon, simply omit it. We topped our pancakes with apple pie filling and syrup as well as substituted the apples called for in the recipe for apple pie filling. You may also use fresh apples instead of the pie filling, cooking them down in water for a bit to soften them up.
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener https://amzn.to/2HVz3KH
- 1½ tsp cinnamon we LOVE cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups 1% milk
- ¼ c melted butter
- 1 cup chopped apple we substituted apple pie filling
- BLEND all dry ingredients (flour through salt) in large mixing bowl. Set aside
- WHISK together eggs, vanilla, milk and melted butter. Add to dry ingredients and gently mix. Some lumps are ok.
- FOLD in apples
- SPRAY a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium heat. (I used 350 degrees F on my griddle)
- POUR ⅓ cup of batter per pancake onto hot skillet/griddle.
- COOK until bubbles appear on top, then flip pancake and cook until golden brown on other side. (1 - 2 minutes per side.)
- Serve hot.
- Top if desired.
These Apple Cinnamon Pancakes were VERY good!