Memorial day is the “unofficial kick off to summer” and with it comes grilling season. Clay and I don’t wait for summer. We grill year round! Many folks don’t or can’t grill out but still want to get in on the summer burger action so they look to restaurants to fulfill their burger needs. To kick off burger season, Hard Rock Cafe locations are celebrating with a menu showcasing international Local Legendary™ Burgers with the LIMITED TIME Hard Rock World Burger Tour.
Disclosure: The information, gift card, gift pack and giveaway have been provided to me by Hard Rock International.
Wondering just what a World Burger Tour consists of? Well I’ll tell ya! Hard Rock Cafe will be featuring burgers inspired by several International cities. Hard Rock gave chefs at their cafes the freedom to create a unique Local Legendary Burger that captures the flavors of their city.
Clay and I had the fun opportunity to visit Hard Rock Cafe Pigeon Forge and try burgers on the World Burger Tour.
Let me just say, they are incredibly good and super unique! Our server just happened to be from Jamaica so I decided to give the Jamaican Jerk burger a try.
It was delicious!
The Jamaican Jerk burger I tried had this mango jalapeño cream cheese and jerk mayonnaise. It was so good. It had just a little kick to it. It’s not overwhelmingly hot. So if you don’t really like spicy foods (I do) you may still really like this burger. The banana pepper rings are mild and sweet and add so much flavor to the burger. The bun is super soft too.
The fries that came with this burger also had a dipping sauce that was incredible. It had a smoky flavor and was so good with the french fries. I would definitely order this burger again and would love to see it added to the menu permanently!
160 different burgers were evaluated and these fan favorites were chosen to be featured:
Hard Rock Cafe World Burger Tour
English Breakfast Burger (London, England)
– a Certified Angus Beef® patty topped with sliced ham, a sausage patty, a fried egg, a portobello mushroom, arugula and garlic aioli and served with a side of baked beans
Java Lava Burger (Seattle, United States)
– a Certified Angus Beef patty grilled and dressed in a house-made espresso rub and topped with lava sauce, crunchy java onions, bacon, melted Cheddar cheese and garnished with a fried jalapeño
Tandoori Chicken Burger (Mumbai, India)
– a dark meat chicken patty seasoned with aromatic spices and fresh herbs, topped with mint mayonnaise and served with a side of cucumber
Jamaican Jerk Burger (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
– a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with banana pepper rings, mango jalapeño cream cheese and jerk mayonnaise
ATOMIC! Burger (Las Vegas, United States)
– a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with Atomic beer-battered peppers, pepper jack cheese, caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, garlic chipotle ketchup and chipotle mayonnaise
Tango Salsa Burger (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
– a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with andouille sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, chips de batata, a fried egg, salsa criolla and garlic aioli
Greek Burger (Athens, Greece)
– a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with arugula, feta cheese and a tomato slice
Aloha Burger (Honolulu, United States)
– a Certified Angus Beef patty topped with SPAM, Monterey Jack cheese, a grilled pineapple ring with sweet soy glaze, guacamole and pico de gallo
*World Burger Tour menus may vary by location; guests should consult their local cafe for a full list of featured burgers
They have created some fun cocktails and a mocktail to go along with the burgers too! These include:
All Jacked Up
– created to balance the Jamaican Jerk Burger’s spicy flair, this cocktail features a mix of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, PJ, Orgeat and lime juice, garnished with orange and pineapple wedges and a cherry
– inspired by the Aloha Burger’s sweet and savory taste, this cocktail features a mix of Hendrick’s gin, Monin Cucumber, lemon, orange and raspberry, topped with tonic and garnished with rosemary and thyme
– designed to complement the fresh flavors of the Greek Burger, this cocktail features a mix of Midori Melon Liqueur, Malibu Rum, Hard Rock’s house-made sour mix and PJ, garnished with slices of pineapple and strawberry
Sweet & Fiery
– inspired by the ATOMIC! Burger’s spicy flavor, this cocktail features a mix of Absolut Peppar Vodka, Canton Ginger Liquor, Blue Curacao, lemonade and ginger beer, garnished with a red pepper
Black Cherry Melonade (non-alcoholic)
– created to complement the rich espresso of the Java Lava Burger, this mocktail features a mix of Black Cherry Real and Monin Cucumber, topped with ginger beer, garnished with a cucumber slice and a cherry
I was going to try the “All Jacked Up” since it compliments the burger I chose and I happen to love Whiskey. But I saw the Hurricane advertised on my table and decided to give it a try instead. It did not disappoint!
If you’ve never been to a Hard Rock Cafe you should really give it a try, especially during the World Tour. The burgers are so good!
Each Hard Rock Cafe features memorabilia from a variety of different singers/bands/artists. The servers greet you and give you some info on the items in your seating area. The Hard Rock Cafe in Pigeon Forge, TN has guitars from Johnny Cash and Wynonna.
There were dresses from Dolly Parton and Taylor Swift, jackets from Michael Jackson and even a shirt and riding jacket from Elvis and Priscilla Presley. All items are genuine too!
You are free to take as many photos as you like of the memorabilia. My phone didn’t handle the lighting very well so my photos aren’t that great but the items there were really cool. I loved being able to walk around and look at everything.
Clay and I both had such a great experience at the Hard Rock Cafe in Pigeon Forge. We can’t wait to go back!
Follow Hard Rock Cafe on Twitter
Love to travel?
Burger Tour for the Roadie
· For those a little more hungry, Hard Rock will bring its menu to life and offer a unique burger experience that takes guests’ taste buds on an international journey
· Hard Rock, in conjunction with global experience agency RPMC, is offering a World Burger Tour travel package that includes stops at iconic cities including London, England; Athens, Greece; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Seattle, United States. This four-stop, once-in-a-lifetime excursion celebrates the cities that inspired Hard Rock’s World Burger Tour
· The World Burger Tour travel package is a private, 10-night trip that includes flights, first class hotel accommodations, ground transportation and exclusive dining and music experiences at Hard Rock Cafe locations in each city not typically available to the public
One lucky reader will win the following Hard Rock Cafe branded gift set:
- Hard Rock Cafe Branded Oven Mitt Pair
- Hard Rock Cafe Branded Apron
- Hard Rock Cafe Branded Spatula
To enter follow the instructions in the Giveaway Tools widget below. Open to US residents only. Giveaway ends: 6/16/16
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!