Who Boy, have I got a turkey recipe for you!
Everyone deserves a relaxing Thanksgiving, whether you’re cooking the meal or not. And I have he perfect recipe for turkey that will let you do just that! It combines cooking the bird along with playing a game of Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake on your computer. Sound impossible? It’s not if you follow this quick and fun and unique recipe.
And TWO lucky readers will win a code to redeem a FREE copy of Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake. (giveaway has ended)
First let me tell you a little about the game, then I’ll give you the recipe. I haven’t had a chance to play it yet, and we decided to postpone the big Thanksgiving dinner here because we are all sick. So there is no turkey cookng for me tomorrow BUT I am sick and on the couch so there may be plenty of game play time. 😀
Your skills as the Master Detective are needed once again! This time, a psychic medium has reached out to you to solve the mysterious destruction of a town on the edge of Shadow Lake. Armed with strange ghost pictures she drew while in a trance, you must canvass the town’s landscape, unlocking visions of cursed objects, and unexplained accidents.
- Expanded Hidden Object Scenes – Our favorite puzzle is back, but with a twist! Now, instead of looking in just one room in a stack of items for your hidden objects, the hunt spans several rooms.
- Map Travel – With so many different locations to visit, we’ve included an animated 3D rendered map that will allow you to travel between different places in the town quickly. But you’ll still have lots of scenes within each location to navigate!
- Exclusive Features – Our Collector’s Editions include several additional features, like bonus gameplay, morphing objects, achievements, and exclusive production materials.
- Built-in Strategy Guide – Get stuck somewhere? Not to worry! Collector’s Editions come with a guide right in game to help with the trickiest puzzles!
$13.99 for members
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, impending need for a delicious turkey becomes paramount, as does a little downtime for the chef! Below is the absolute best recipe out there to make the perfect, juicy turkey recipe that will keep you sane at the same time.
Delicious Thanksgiving Turkey
- 1 10 to 12-pound turkey, with giblets removed
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 ounces dried mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil plus extra for rubbing on turkey
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt plus extra for seasoning turkey
- 3 cups Challah bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes (from approximately 4 to 5 slices)
- 4 ounces unsweetened dried cherries approximately 1 cup
- 2 ounces chopped pecans approximately 1/2 cup
- 2 whole eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus extra for seasoning turkey
- A PC or Mac loaded with the new Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector’s Edition
- Remove the giblets from the turkey, and place into a deep, high-sided bowl on its end with the stuffing end up. Set aside.
- Go to your PC or Mac. Log onto Big Fish Games, and download Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake.
- Heat the chicken broth in the microwave in a large microwave-proof container. Place mushrooms in a glass bowl and pour heated broth over them. Cover and set aside for 35 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the onion, celery, and green pepper with the oil and salt. Place the vegetables on a sheet pan and roast for 35 minutes.
- Take a 25 minute break to view the opening scene of Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake. Get your first clue from the medium, played by actor Lea Thompson.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, spread the cubed bread over the vegetables, return to the oven, and continue cooking.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving 1 cup of liquid. Chop the mushrooms and place in a large microwave-proof bowl with the vegetables and bread, reserved chicken stock, cherries, pecans, eggs, sage, parsley and black pepper. Stir well in order to break up pieces of bread. Use your hands to combine, if necessary. Heat the stuffing in a microwave on high power for 6 minutes.
- While the stuffing is heating, rub the bird with oil. Working quickly, place the stuffing into the cavity of the turkey to avoid losing heat.
- Place the turkey into a roasting pan, on a rack, and season with salt and pepper. Place the roasting pan on the middle rack of the oven. Roast for 45 minutes.
- While roasting, go continue playing Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector’s Edition. Make sure to set the timer for your turkey, otherwise you might lose track of time!
- After 45 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and cook for another 60 to 75 minutes or until the bird reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F.
- Return to your computer to keep solving the mystery of the abandoned town of Shadow Lake in Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake! After all, with all that prep work, you’ve earned a break!
- Serve turkey immediately.
By following these simple steps, not only will you present a delicious stuffed turkey to your family, but your sanity will be preserved, because you were able to escape the pressures of the day and play a fabulous, brand new Mystery Case Files game. And in true Thanksgiving spirit, you could even involve the whole family, and work together to solve the puzzles!
Disclosure: I was provided with a complimentary copy of Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake to facilitate this review
and two more copies for a giveaway to my readers. All opinions are my own.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!