It’s no secret that bringing up baby is a costly thing. The more kids you have, the more money you spend. It starts before birth when you are getting the nursery items you’ll need after the birth of your little one. Then school days begin and you find yourself forking out money right and left!
Then the college years come and tuition costs make your eyes bug out. Parent’s of the bride typically pay for the wedding. Oh boy, we have 3 daughters! The list just goes on and on and on….
This is a sponsored post written on behalf of zulily. All opinions are my own.
With Mother’s Day coming up, zulily put together results from a recent survey and created a fun infographic showing us a sneak peak inside the life of a new mom.
Here are just some of the survey insights they found regarding spending and saving habits when preparing for baby:
- With annual childcare costs hovering around $6,000, it’s crucial to choose (and pay!) the right person to watch your kids. In our survey Julia Roberts was voted the top celeb moms would let babysit, but Kim Kardashian didn’t make the cut and was only selected by 3% of respondents.
- Raising kids can get pretty pricey, so it’s no surprise a third of mothers surveyed said they’d compete in a monthly random dance battle (32%) in exchange for free baby gear, attire, etc.
- Almost half of mothers surveyed (45%) said the most missed pre-mom indulgence is actually having a day off.
- 33% of moms agreed that the most common squabble couples have regarding new parenting is about money.
Bringing Up Baby: Costs & Habits Of The American Mom
Online retailer, zulily, offers gorgeous clothing and items for the family as well as fun and unique ideas for baby without spending a ton of money. I love shopping at zulily and bought all of my daughters clothing gifts from there this past Christmas. They loved every thing I got!
Here is a breakdown of some of the things zulily helped new moms save money on:
- Savings on baby blankets: over $2.4M
- Total savings on key items needed to set up a nursery: over $2.6M
- Savings on all baby feeding supplies: over $4.5M
Be sure to check back on zulily.com or on their app every morning to discover new finds, especially on Mother’s Day (May 8th) for their Moms First event, to shop everything a new mama wouldn’t want to be without.
What are some tips you have for saving money when bringing up baby?
Hi! I’m Crystal Martin, a stay at home mom of 4, living in KY with my high school sweetheart husband of 20+ years. My husband and I are co-bloggers at Cinnamon Hollow where we write about homesteading, travel, beauty, our lives with our kids and pets, fun and free printables as well as the products and services that make our lives just a little bit easier – and a lot more fun!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!