The Christmas season is HERE! It’s time folks. Time to buy all those Holiday gifts and spoil each other rotten. If you have kid son your list, you may be wondering what the hottest toy trends this year are. Well, I’m here with some help from a zulily expert.
Disclosure: I received a gift card as a thank you for sharing this year’s hottest toy trends, courtesy of zulily.
Holiday Toys: Hottest Toy Trends this year (and this season!) from zulily’s toy expert!
Top Toy Trends for the Holiday Season from zulily!
’Tis the season for gifting little ones the toys they’ve been wanting all year long. This year, it’s not just about play – the most popular toys this season promote learning and creativity!
That said, we’ve tapped zulily’s resident toy expert Kenji Yoshinari for a list of trends to keep in mind as you scour the zulily Toy Shop for the perfect gifts that will both entertain and educate your child this season.
Kenji’s tips are:
- Use the Force to make sure you give the hottest toys! With the upcoming December 18th premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we’re sure Star Wars toys and apparel will be flying off the shelves this holiday season. Make sure to purchase early so you don’t miss out!
- Look out for open-ended building toys. Giving kids the opportunity to let their imagination run wild and not be constrained by instruction manuals is the heart of this hot trend.
- Switch from STEM to STEAM. Adding the ART component to STEM gives you more ways to introduce creativity and fun to your children’s world of educated play.
- Customize Your Play! Make the play experience meet who your child is – from personalized rockers and ride-ons, to a doll that looks just like your child.
- Retro, classic play remains a top trend. Brands and toys that bring back memories of days gone by are at the top of everyone’s list this season.
In addition, Kenji has pulled together a list of the Breakout Toys of 2015 and I’ve featured a few below:
- TEGU Classroom Kit – combine art and education for a great gift.
- Green Toys – teach your child to care for the environment with these eco-friendly toys. They are easy to maintain, dishwasher safe and don’t require batteries.
- Build-Your-Own (Customizable) 18” Dolls from Madame Alexander – Customizable and hands-on building, this toy covers off on two top toy trends!
- Razor Crazy Cart Spinning Go Kart & JoyBay Pink Swing Car – These toys are perfect for kids on the go.
- FINIS Mermaid Swim Fin – a fin-tastic choice for kids who love the water!
At online retailer zulily, shoppers have something new to discover each morning including toys, gifts, apparel & accessories, home décor and more.
I’ll be checking out zulily and some of the toy trends they shared this year for my own Holiday shopping. I still have kids on my list and like to get them all at least one toy from their list. Some of the trend items, like Star Wars are on there and I love getting the retro, classic toys from my own child hood, for my kids. I hope they love them as much as I did.
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, essential oils and health. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more