When Clay and bought our home a couple years ago, we both agreed that the bathroom and kitchen both needed a little remodel work. Our house was built in the 1970’s, has NEVER been updated, other than paint and carpet and needs quite a bit of TLC. We are currently working on getting a new stove and refrigerator and hope to add a dishwasher in the coming months as well. There’s not currently one installed! There are a some things to consider when purchasing a new dishwasher and I’ve outlined a few below.
We all want to focus on the aesthetics of our home, but we have to take into consideration things like size, shape, durability, price, etc. If your new dishwasher won’t fit into the available space, it won’t work! So first thing to consider is size.
As I mentioned, above, you have to measure your space, first, to make sure you get the right sized dishwasher. Then, when you go shopping, you’ll look for a unit in your desired size.
Along with the outside measurements, you’ll want to consider the capacity. Is it a standard size or a compact size. Some apartments have small, compact size dishwashers. In a house, you may be able to use a standard size or larger. Some dishwashers have a ton of inside space for dishes and some, like one we had at our old house, don’t hold much at all.
Back to the aesthetics part. You want your kitchen to have a uniform look and that will include the look of your appliances. If you have a white refrigerator, a stainless steel stove and a black dishwasher it may look a little scattered. Some folks like that and that’s perfectly fine, but if you’re doing a remodel, especially to sell your home, you’ll want everything to match. Stainless is pretty popular right now, goes with any decor you use and has a clean and professional look. It can be pricier so keep that in mind. You can almost always find a stainless model in your budget, though.
We mentioned budget. Not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend on a new dishwasher. So you want to sit down, decide your budget and then plan from there. Do some online “window shopping” and get an idea of what you could get in your price range.
Some people just want a bare bones, no frills added dishwasher. Some want more advanced features. If you have the budget for it I say go for it! One dishwasher that has some pretty cool “bells and whistles” is the Bosch 500 Series dishwasher. This dishwasher is really neat and offers some great drying features.
Here’s an outline of some of the Bosch 500 Series dishwasher features.
- Claim: AutoAir™ automatically opens the door at the end of the drying cycle to let moisture escape and fresh air circulate for better drying results.
*Compared to Bosch Dishwashers with PureDry.
- Advanced PrecisionWash technology and AutoAir: With PrecisionWash, intelligent sensors continually scan and check the progress of dishes throughout the cycle, and powerful spray arms target every item of every load, for the ultimate clean. The AutoAir option automatically releases the door at the end of the cycle to let moisture escape and fresh air in for drier dishes.
*Compared to Bosch Dishwashers with PureDry.
- Quiet operation (44 dBA)- incorporates 18 unique sound-reducing technologies such as multiple insulation layers, grindless food filtration, and a sound absorbing base.
- Large interior provides loading flexibility necessary to easily accommodate 16 place settings, and the Flexible 3rd rack adds space for cooking utensils and ramekins.
- Every Bosch dishwasher is ENERGY STAR qualified and meets or exceeds federal guidelines, for year-round energy savings.
- Sanitize Option reduces 99.9% of bacteria with a hot-wash rinse for sparkling clean and sanitized dishes.
- FlexSpace™ Tines on the lower rack- fold down every other tine in one simple step to make room for larger, bulkier items while optimizing the rack space.
I would love to have a dishwasher like the Bosch 500 Series dishwasher. I’m not sure it is in our, personal, budget. If we can afford it, though, the Advanced PrecisionWash technology and AutoAir feature is one that we could really use. Living in the woods, with electricity that isn’t always reliable, water we haul to a cistern and a few other disadvantages, having a dishwasher that can keep a check on the progress and auto open the door for drying is a huge plus!
These are just a few things to consider when purchasing a new dishwasher. What are some tips you have for purchasing a new dishwasher or kitchen remodel.
Purchase the new Bosch 500 Series Dishwasher w/ #AutoAir @BestBuy @BoschHomeUS #ad https://bby.me/9w8ep #BoschHome
Hi! I’m Crystal Martin, a stay at home mom of 4, living in KY with my high school sweetheart husband of 20+ years. My husband and I are co-bloggers at Cinnamon Hollow where we write about homesteading, travel, beauty, our lives with our kids and pets, fun and free printables as well as the products and services that make our lives just a little bit easier – and a lot more fun!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!