Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, written by me, on behalf of Kleenex® Tissues. All opinions are strictly my own.
It’s cold and flu season folks! That’s right, That dreaded time of year when our noses have the ability to pour like a faucet while being totally stopped up so you can’t breathe at the same time. It’s crazy.
Colds and the flu make their rounds from location to location and you can actually be prepared for when it is going to hit your area! There is an awesome little tool called the achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor that alerts you of your cold and flu risk for the next three weeks. Jut input your zip code, city or state and you’re good to go! You can start preparing your family and home and do what you can to keep them from catching it.
But there are some things you can do to also be prepared in case you do catch it. Like stocking your freezer with homemade chicken soup, stocking up on warm tea and hot cocoa and having plenty of Kleenex® Tissues. (more tips below)
But, what do you use if you have no Kleenex® Tissues? Ever been caught without something to wipe your nose?
Have you ever been forced to use your sleeve or something else that we would normally deem totally gross? The only time I’ve had issues was with my kids. One time we were out and our oldest child had a slight runny nose. Or so I thought. I’ve mentioned repeatedly how horrible my families allergies are. Well, this was before we even realized how bad they are. Plus I was a new mommy and I was totally not prepared.
Not only did I not have any Kleenex® Tissues, but I had NOTHING. Not a napkin, paper towel, square of toilet paper, burp cloth in the diaper bag, old sock (lol)… not a thing to wipe this child’s nose with. NOTHING!
Except the inside of my shirt. I get grossed out pretty easily but I’d seen someone else use the inside of their shirt to wipe their daughters nose. And while I thought it was disgusting t the time, what else could I do? It looked like he only had a tiny runny nose. So I thought maybe I could just use the inside of my shirt tail to quickly dab his nose. OH MY GOSH! Evidently, the floodgates of runny nose hell were opened and tons and tons came out! It was disgusting! I had to keep wiping and wiping. The inside of my shirt was a mess. It was soaked through at the bottom and you could, obviously, see it on the outside as well. It. Was. NASTY!
I will never, ever, ever wipe someones nose with the inside of my shirt. If they have a runny nose and no Kleenex® Tissues… they can figure it out for themselves!
Needless to say, mama is ALWAYS prepared now! One day Clay made fun of me for having an arsenal of anything and everything we might need in my purse and in our vehicle. He asked why in the world did I need to pack so much stuff along with me? Then he needed something. And I had it. HA! :D
No more snotty shirts for this girl.
In the following video, Ali Wentworth visits Chicago and asks people to share their own “embarrassing moments” when they were caught without a Kleenex (i.e. you used your shirt sleeve because you didn’t have a tissue on hand).
- Cold and flu season has always been unpredictable. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), although epidemics of cold and flu happen every year, the timing, severity, and length of the season varies from one year to another. That means that the cold and flu can hit your family without warning, and if you aren’t prepared with cold and flu essentials like Kleenex Everyday Tissue, you might be left scrambling and playing catch up after sickness has entered your home.
- To help you prepare for cold and flu season and avoid scrambling when you or your family get sick, Kleenex brand is launching the achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor – the first and only tool that can actually predict when cold and flu will reach your area.
- achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor is a proprietary and exclusive forecasting model based on the most relevant information from a range of sources, such as official CDC flu statistics, weather patterns, online search queries, social media discussion, OTC drug sales in various categories, bird migration patterns, air travel patterns, vaccination rates, vaccination campaigns and major public events that could increase transmission rates. The result is a one-of-a-kind cold and flu tool that predicts where it will hit next up to three weeks in advance with an average accuracy rate of more than 90 percent, going well beyond the “current status” that other sources provide and giving consumers an opportunity to prepare for cold and flu before it hits their area.
- Visit www.my-achoo.com to access a cold and flu forecast for your area. Simply enter your zip code or city and state, and achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor will show you your cold and flu risk for the next three weeks so that you can prepare for what’s ahead.
- Knowing when cold and flu will hit is only half the battle. Visit the Kleenex brand website for helpful tips and advice to prepare your home for what’s ahead, and useful information to help you avoid the last minute trips to the store so that you care for your family when someone gets sick.
- To avoid the day one scramble, stock up on Kleenex brand’s new thicker and more absorbent everyday tissue, which provides exceptional hand protection by helping to keep hands clean and dry.
To learn more about the achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor and Kleenex brand’s new thicker and more absorbent everyday tissue, visit www.Kleenex.com/flu.