You can show loyal customers you appreciate them while helping build positive feelings toward your business. Personalized thank you cards are a great way to express your gratitude.
Follow Do’s and Don’ts for Customer Thank-You Notes
Keep your message brief but make it memorable. If you’re sending an email, say something positive in your email subject line to inspire your customers to look inside and add a personal touch within the message. Personalized online cards create a lasting impression, plus they’re fast and easy to send. You can send cards online after someone renews a subscription or makes a purchase.
Remember, a thank you should be just that. Your goal is to make your customers feel special, not to make another sale immediately. However, some businesses will offer promo codes or future discounts as part of the thank you. Feel free to get creative as long as you prioritize making the customer feel appreciated.
Choose the Right Tone
Pick a message that fits the general vibe of your business. For example, if you operate a fun clothing brand that caters to younger shoppers, you might write a message with an informal tone. If you offer an upscale subscription service, you might make the note more formal.
All in all, you want your thank you to feel authentic and heartfelt. Your tone should align with your business practices and goals. Take time to tweak the suggestions below to ensure your thank you sounds like you.
Thank Customers for Making a One-Time Purchase
You can send a brief note of thanks when a customer buys something. This approach helps you build loyalty and lets customers know you’re always thinking about them. Examples include the following:
- Thank you for your purchase from (your business). Please get in touch if we can help you further.
- Thanks for shopping at (your business). We hope we’ll have the pleasure of doing business with you again in the future.
- I wanted to say thanks for your purchase. (Your business) is so lucky to have customers like you.
Express Gratitude to Customers for Their Ongoing Support
Whether you have customers who sign up for an ongoing service or you want to make repeat customers feel extra-special, you can’t go wrong with a thank-you note. Some notes to try include the following:
- We’re truly grateful that you chose our service. Thank you for allowing our business to grow.
- Thank you so much for your support. We have the best customers like you!
- Thank you for your support. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.
Write a General Thank-You Message
You can tailor the following general notes to send around the holidays, for a customer’s birthday, or whenever you want loyal customers to know you appreciate them:
- We are so grateful for the trust you place in us. We truly appreciate your business.
- You’re the reason (your business) does what we do! Thank you for being our loyal customer.
- We at (your business) know you had many options. Thank you for choosing us!
Make your customers feel special by saying thank you. Your customers will appreciate that you took the time to send them a note. In doing so, you’ll create a lasting impression of a business that goes the extra mile for the people they serve.
Find more business tips in our archives.
Meg is an author at Cinnamon Hollow. She writes on a variety of topics sharing tips and ideas for daily life.
Leave a Reply