I’ve been on the hunt for some bathroom organization ideas and thought I’d share some of the great ones with you! Along with the storage ideas I love the most, I’ve shared 5 steps to an organized shower.
Even though we have two bathrooms, Clay has the half bath all to himself because when he gets home from work he is NASTY! So he gets his own shower. That means there are 5 out of the 6 of us sharing ONE bathroom and I’m about to lose my mind. There are bottles of shampoo and body wash, razors, bath puff’s and soaps EVERYWHERE! Every time you try to grab one thing, every thing else comes tumbling down on you. And I’m tired of the clutter and the mess. I have some major bathroom organization to do. Fast.
I am still in the hunting and planning stage but when my bathroom makeover is finished, I’ll be sharing some before and after photos. Since I’m still planning, naturally I hit up the number one planning site, Pinterest! I created a new board and pinned my favorite ideas so I’d have them in one handy spot.
So here are a couple of tips for getting started:
- De-Clutter! I suggest this first and foremost so that you get rid of items you no longer need or want and you know exactly what needs a storage solution. Then you’re not wasting time and money storing things you could have tossed in the beginning. Throw out old, near empty bottles of shampoo and conditioner. If possible, pour them into the newer bottles and toss the old ones.
- Search for storage and organization ideas online and in magazines.
- Make a Pinterest pin board to keep your ideas handy.
- Once you decide on the ideas you want to try, make a list of all the items you’ll need so you’re not wasting time going back and forth to the store.
- Use items that aren’t prone to mildew or rust. Many items can be placed in the washing machine, dishwasher or easily washed by hand so look for those.
Once you have everything you need, start organizing! You’ll be surprised at how nicely it all comes together once you’ve tossed the old broken bits of bar soaps and thrown out the shampoo bottles you bought to try but never really liked. Go ahead, throw them out! They’re just collecting dust and taking up space anyway. The same goes for all that make-up in the make-up drawer (guilty!). But that’s for another post. 😀
Ok, here are some of my favorite storage solutions for the tub/shower and these are the ones I’m going to utilize. The first two are similar. They use a regular shower curtain bar and baskets to keep items up, off the tub and in containers that can drain and also be easily washed.
One major tip I recommend is to use every possible space you can for storage, even the ceiling! You can put hooks in the ceiling and use mesh hanging baskets to place sponges in. This will allow them to dry out completely in between uses and help prevent mold and mildew. Another really pretty idea I found was to use a wine rack for storage. Check out my Bathroom Organization Pinterest board to see it! Right now it’s mainly bathtub and shower organization ideas but I’ll be adding tips for the entire bathroom too.
I’d love to know how you keep your shower area tidy. What are some of your favorite bathroom organization ideas?
Hi! I’m Crystal Martin, a stay at home mom of 4, living in KY with my high school sweetheart husband of 20+ years. My husband and I are co-bloggers at Cinnamon Hollow where we write about homesteading, travel, beauty, our lives with our kids and pets, fun and free printables as well as the products and services that make our lives just a little bit easier – and a lot more fun!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!