Easter is in a few days and I have a last minute Easter dessert recipe for you courtesy of Bauli and Celebrity Chef Luca Manfè, winner of Masterchef Season 4. I’ve included a printable version of this Panettone Berry Trifle below.
To make this already-simple recipe even easier, Celebrity Chef Luca Manfè, (see bio below) takes you step-by-step in this How-To video!
This trifle is rich and decadent and will make you look like a pro at your Easter dinner celebration!
- 1 Panettone
- 2 cups of Raspberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 tbsp Marsala
- 1 cup Mascarpone
- 2 cups Custard cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Fresh cream
Ingredients for the Mascarpone Cream:
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cut the Panettone cake into slices eliminating all of the upper crust. Then cut into cubes and place the cut Panettone in glasses.
- Pour the raspberries into a bowl then marinate with lemon juice, 250 ml sugar and 4 tbsp Marsala wine in a saucepan.
- Whisk the 250 ml mascarpone cheese until creamy then gradually add in the 500 ml cream and 2 tsp vanilla extract, stirring constantly to properly combine all the ingredients.
- Begin the trifle by placing a layer of cake on the bottom of the cup followed by a layer of berries and a layer of mascarpone cream.
- Finish with whipped cream and add some berries.
- Put the trifle in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- After one hour, it will be ready to serve.
Directions for Mascarpone Cream:
- In a stand mixer combine mascarpone, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla in a large metal bowl.
- With an electric mixer on high, beat until the mascarpone cream starts to seize and thicken.
- Turn mixer speed to low and slowly drizzle in milk, beating until well combined.
- Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
So what do you think about this recipe? Doesn’t it sound incredible? I won’t get the chance to make it for Easter but I do plan on giving it a try for our next Spring get together. I can’t wait to taste it!
About The Chef:
Chef Luca Manfè has been in the restaurant business since he was 16 years old, working in a pub in his small hometown in Northeast Italy. When he turned 21, he started to travel the world, working in Italy, Australia, Florida, and New York. He had the privilege and honor to work with great chefs, experiencing ingredients and techniques from different cuisines. Ultimately, he landed in New York City, in pursuit of the American dream. Fast forward ten years, and Luca has certainly achieved what he set out to accomplish. Today, Luca is a successful cookbook author, releasing his first cookbook, “My Italian Kitchen,” in May, 2014. He also runs a small catering company called “Dinner with Luca,” and serves as brand ambassador for Italian confectionary company, Bauli. Luca is the first male (and non-American) to win the title of MasterChef USA.
What do you think? Are you going to give this Panettone Berry Trifle recipe a try?
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, essential oils and health. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more