Clay, our oldest daughter, and I all wear quite a bit of camo. Like, every day. We love to camp, hike, fish, hunt, etc. Camouflage works great for hunting, of course, but it is great for all outdoor activities. Mainly because it hides dirt and sweat! There are camouflage products for outdoors that are useful above and beyond just blending in. One of my favorites is the QuikCamo Quik-Cover headwear.
I teamed up with the folks at QuikCamo to test our on of their Quik-Cover’s (complimentary) and I love it! I tried out one in the Mossy Oak Break Up pattern. It is also available in officially licensed Mossy Oak, Realtree and Kings Shadow Camo patterns. You can see mine in the photo, below.
The Quik-Cover looks like a simple tube, or sleeve. It is fairly stretchy and the package says that it fits most. As you can see in the photo, there is a variety of uses. The guide on the front of the package shows you all the ways it can be worn and we tried them all.
You can use this QuikCover camo headwear as a:
- Neck warmer
- Face warmer
To use, gather it into a headband and slide over your head and down onto your neck. Then you can adjust it for the position you’re using it for. I love using it, right now, as a headband to keep my hair out of my face. It works perfectly! This fall, when we go tent camping, I’ll use it as a cover over my mouth and nose when we are out hiking. This will help keep me warm and will also protect my face from the sun.
Side note: When we go camping this fall we’ll be using our Napier Sportz Tent that hooks up to the van. I can’t wait to try it out and show you our camping set-up!
Aside from it’s appearance and functionality, more features that make it great are:
- 95% UV Protection – protects my face from harmful sun rays
- Scent Control – doesn’t get smelly from sweat
- Quick Dry – dries quickly when sweating
- Seamless Comfort Stretch Fabric – very stretchy and fits most
- Muti-Function Headwear – can be worn in a variety ways – very versatile!
I plan on buying more of these so that we’ll all have one. They are available online as well as in stores like Wal-mart, Browning International, Dunhams Sports, etc.
Have you tried a QuikCover? What are some must-haves you recommend for camping, hiking, fishing and hunting?
Products from Amazon.com
Tent Camping Must Haves
- Fun At The Beach With Quick-Dry Swimwear For Men
- Learn The AcuRite Way To Tent Camping
- Don’t Let Mosquitoes Ruin Your Outdoor Activities
- Take A Romantic Weekend Getaway In A Napier Sportz Truck Tent
- Check Out The QuikCamo Quik-Cover Headwear