Clay just celebrated his birthday and we always have a party for his birthday. This year it was close to Easter and we also had a house party to do with the kids so we decided to spread the fun out over a couple of days and grill up some grub. For grilling he has been switching between our little charcoal grill that doesn’t hold much at one time and a hand-me-down gas grill that rarely works right. So this year I bought him a brand new gas grill for his birthday. We planned on cooking out two days in a row. We decided we’d do hamburgers, hot dogs and the house party one day and the next day we’d do the kids Easter egg hunt and cook some easy party food that can be prepared on the grill: Tyson Grillin Wings! I want to tell you about these wings!
We found them at Sam’s Club and the package said they can be cooked in 12 – 18 minutes. That sounded like a quick and easy lunch to me and since we were cooking out 2 days in a row, I was all about easy to make dinners. So we decided to give them a try. I love to dip my chicken wings and I have a yummy Spicy Avocado Dipping sauce that I make so I needed to grab a few ingredients for that. These parties were all about easy, so I also needed some other things for the party, like Kraft Country Time Lemonade, burgers, hot dogs and a birthday cake or cupcakes. We grabbed what we needed at Sam’s Club and then headed home to try those wings!
On the second day of party fun Clay fired up the grill and tossed those bad boys on. They are frozen and fully cooked so all you have to do is heat them on the grill for 12 – 18 minutes. They are Smokehouse flavored and doing them on the grill really brought out the flavor. Not to mention it gave them some awesome grill marks and added flavor.
Wanna try my Spicy Avocado Sauce and add some kick to your wings? Here’s the recipe!
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- ½ TSP Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Dash Hot Sauce (hot pepper sauce)
- ¼ TSP Lime Juice
- ⅛ TSP Salt
- ⅛ TSP Black Pepper
- Rinse avocado under running water to remove any dirt.
- Cut in half and remove pit.
- Scoop flesh into a bowl and mash with fork.
- Add sour cream, cayenne pepper, dash of hot sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix together and continue mashing avocado until all ingredients are combined and a smooth consistency.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or place in a plastic bowl with tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate overnight. (min 2 - 3 hours)
- Serve as dipping sauce with chicken wings.