Disclosure: I received complimentary party goods to host a Cadbury ‘High Tea’ Party as a member of MommyParties. All opinions are my own.
My girls and I recently hosted THE BEST Cadbury ‘High Tea’ party for their girlfriends and their moms. All the girls dressed in their finest dresses and wore fancy hats or fascinator’s which were provided in our Cadbury ‘High Tea’ Party Kit. The hats and fascinator’s were all brightly colored and so pretty.
We also received in our kit, a white tea service and the prettiest tea set.
I made tea, of course, and pink lemonade with fresh mint and lemon slices along with chicken salad sandwiches and cucumber sandwiches. They were SO GOOD! We had tea with the sandwiches and then for dessert we had the Cadbury ice cream bars and pink lemonade to drink. I have photos of everything below.
To decorate and give the dining area a pretty, tea party atmosphere, I made a paper bunting that said “Tea Time”. I also made tissue paper pom poms and placed some on the wall and some on the table. We were going to hang them but we have cathedral ceilings in the dining area and it was too hard to get up there.
The girls and their friends had a blast. Most of the other moms prefer to not have photos on the blog so I’m not posting all the guests but you can get an idea of how much fun the girls were having in the pre-party photo I got of some of the girls.
The highlight of this particular ‘High Tea’ party, though, was Cadbury Snack Size Ice Cream Bars. These were the main focus and were a huge hit. They are available in 4 varities:
- Blue Bunny Cadbury Royal Dark: Creamy Blue Bunny reduced fat vanilla ice cream dipped in thick, rich Cadbury Royal Dark chocolaty coating
- Blue Bunny Cadbury: Creamy Blue Bunny reduced fat toffee ice cream dipped in thick, rich Cadbury milk chocolaty coating with toffee pieces
- Blue Bunny Cadbury: Creamy Blue Bunny reduced fat vanilla ice cream swirled with caramel sauce all dipped in thick, rich Cadbury milk chocolaty coating
- Blue Bunny Cadbury: Creamy Blue Bunny reduced fat vanilla ice cream dipped in thick, rich Cadbury milk chocolaty coating
Is your mouth watering yet? It should be. These ice cream bars are SO GOOD!!! You can’t even tell that it is reduced fat ice cream. It is so creamy and delicious. And the chocolate is heavenly. It is smooth and delicious.
Our party kit even had recipes to try using the ice cream bars. We tried a variation on Strawberry Lamingtons. (recipe below) We substituted a couple of things in ours though. We used the Cadbury English Toffee ice cream bars instead of the Vanilla and we used Heath Bits-o-Brickle Toffee Bits in place of coconut. They were awesome!
Strawberry Lamingtons With Cadbury Ice Cream Bars #CadburyHighTea
- 1 Cup diced strawberries
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- 4 bars Blue Bunny Cadbury Royal Dark Ice cream bars (we substituted Blue Bunny Cadbury English Toffee bars
- 2/3 Cup coconut we substituted Heath Bits-O-Brickle Toffee Bits
- Line a small baking pan with wax paper.
- Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries, sugar and cornstarch; process until smooth
- Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly
- Boil and stir 1 minute
- Transfer to a small bowl and chill until thickened and no longer warm. About 1 hour.
- Place coconut (or toffee bits) in a large bowl or sheet of wax paper
- Lightly spread cooled strawberry mixture on all sides of an ice cream bar
- Press and roll in coconut (or toffee) and set in prepared baking pan
- Repeat with remaining ice cream bars
- Freeze at least 30 minutes before serving
- Cut into triangles or slices, if desired (we couldn't seem to cut them so we served them whole.)
Our party was so much fun and the ice cream was delicious. The girls have decided that they want to have more ‘High Tea’ parties so I have more in store!!!
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, health and lifestyle. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more