I am always on the lookout for appetizer recipes. We have so many parties each year and we always make a point to serve loads of good food. I have the best appetizer recipe for you. It is perfect as an appetizer or for a brunch. It goes perfectly with sausage balls if used as an appetizer. It is made with just three ingredients, not counting salt and pepper and is super easy to make. We don’t really have a name for it. I call it Jalapeno Squares but my mom called Jalapeno Pie. It is basically a Fritatta. You can call it anything really but Jalapeno Squares works for us. Or Banana Pepper Squares if you go the mild route. I always made both! Check out the pictures and then view the printable recipe below.
Dice one jar of jalapeno or banana peppers (drained)
Add to a dozen eggs
Add one pound of shredded cheddar, salt and pepper to taste
Bake at 350 for 45 – 60 minutes
Viola. Let it cool 15 minutes then cut into squares. Easy peasy…
Jalapeno pie! Ha!
And now for the recipe:
Jalapeno Squares. Appetizer Recipe.
- 1 Dozen Large Eggs
- 1 lb Shredded Sharp Chedder Cheese
- 1 16 oz Jar Jalapeno OR Banana Pepper Slices DRAINED and chopped (can use less if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 13×9 in. glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Spray lightly, then wipe gently with paper towel. You don't want it greasy.
- Crack eggs into large mixing bowl. Lightly whisk to break yolks.
- Add shredded cheese and jalapenos. (Use more or less depending on desired heat)
- Mix together; well;
- Pour egg mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and firm. May take a total of 60 minutes depending on oven.
This appetizer recipee is so quick and easy to make and it is a major hit. You can add sausage, bacon or deiced ham. You can substitute the hot peppers for diced bell peppers and onions. You can add tomatoes. Instead of cutting it into squares, dish it out and serve it for brunch with the other ingredients added in. It is so versatile and the possibilities are endless.
We usually make the basic recipe and then serve it with Picante sauce. It usually goes really quickly and there are rarely left overs. If you are looking for appetizer recipes, give this one a try. It is the epitome of quick and easy appetizer recipes. I think you’ll love it!
Hi! I’m Crystal Martin, a stay at home mom of 4, living in KY with my high school sweetheart husband of 20+ years. My husband and I are co-bloggers at Cinnamon Hollow where we write about homesteading, travel, beauty, our lives with our kids and pets, fun and free printables as well as the products and services that make our lives just a little bit easier – and a lot more fun!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!