Kentucky offers many attractions and weekend excursions and this fall there is a great lineup in Bardstown, KY! If you are into murder mystery, train rides complete with train robberies and even Charlie Brown, you won’t be disappointed when you visit the Kentucky Railway Museum!
Kentucky Railway Museum will be offering several different themes excursions weekends this fall.
Here’s the fall lineup at KRM:
Kentucky Railway Museum
- Sept. 9: Rolling Fork Iron Horse Festival – This celebration of Rolling Fork Valley traditions will feature train rides, plus a parade, arts and crafts, children’s activities, a 5K run, lots of delicious foods, down-home family fun and live music.
- Sept.16-17 and Oct. 28-29: Great Train Robbery weekends – Meet Clayton’s Wild Bunch when these masked marauders take over the train. Any “loot” surrendered benefits the Crusade for Children.
- Sept. 16, Oct. 28 and Nov. 18: Mystery Theatre excursions – The dinner and play begin at the Sherwood Inn adjacent to the museum at 5:30 p.m. and then the action moves to the train for an excursion and the “whodunnit reveal.”
- Sept. 23 and 24: “It’s the Great Pumpkin Patch Express, Charlie Brown!” – Enjoy a 45-minute train excursion and a stop at New Haven City Park, where you’ll have the chance to meet PEANUTS characters, Charlie Brown and Snoopy and engage in fun activities, including a coloring area, mini train rides, temporary tattoos, bounce house, games and more. Each child may select the perfect pumpkin to take home. Wear your Halloween costume!!!
- Sept. 2 and Oct. 14: Dine by Rail
- Oct. 3: Fall Break Express
- Oct. 21: Sixth Annual Car & Truck Show/Train Ride
- Nov. 12 and 19: Military Appreciation
For more information, check out the Kentucky Railway Museum website.
Have you visited the Kentucky Railway Museum? Have you done a themed train ride?
Hi! I’m Crystal Martin, a stay at home mom of 4, living in KY with my high school sweetheart husband of 20+ years. My husband and I are co-bloggers at Cinnamon Hollow where we write about homesteading, travel, beauty, our lives with our kids and pets, fun and free printables as well as the products and services that make our lives just a little bit easier – and a lot more fun!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!