A few years ago, my oldest daughter and I came up with a delicious Pumpkin Ginger Trifle recipe for Thanksgiving. The original post was also about Advil Menstrual Pain Relief so I decided to re-post just the recipe for those who aren’t in need of pain relief, just dessert!
If you’re looking for a super quick, easy dessert for Thanksgiving, or even just for this fall, I hope you’ll give our Pumpkin Ginger Trifle a try!Jump to Recipe
This trifle is super easy to make and it only uses a few ingredients including spice cake or gingerbread mix (eggs, oil and water to bake that), instant pudding (we used vanilla and pumpkin spice), whipped topping and ginger snaps. (Full recipe below)
- Bake your cake and cut it into cubes
- Crush up your cookies
- Make the pudding (two 3 oz boxes pumpkin spice and one 5 oz box vanilla) and let chill 5 minutes
- Fold whipped topping into vanilla pudding
- Alternate layers with the cake, pudding and crushed cookies.
- Top with whipped topping and sprinkle crushed ginger cookies on top
*NOTE*: If you can’t find the pumpkin spice pudding, mix one 5 oz box of vanilla pudding with one 15 oz can of pumpkin pie filling and 3 cups of cold milk and let chill 5 minutes or until set.
*SIDE-NOTE: If you’re in the mood for chocolate here’s some substitutions: use chocolate cake, chocolate pudding mixed with whipped topping and chocolate sandwich cookies instead. Layer cubed cake, then pudding/whipped topping mix, then crushed cookies, etc. until bowl is full.
Pumpkin Ginger Trifle recipe.
Gingerbread Trifle Recipe:
Pumpkin Ginger Trifle
- 2 – 3 oz boxes instant pumpkin spice pudding
- 1 – 5 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- Spice Cake or Gingerbread Cake Mix eggs, water, oil
- 12 oz – Whipped topping
- 20 ginger cookies Ginger snaps
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- Once cooled, cut cake into 1 inch cubes – set aside
- Make pudding according to package directions and let chill 5 minutes or until set
- For vanilla pudding, fold in 6 oz whipped topping and set aside
- Crush ginger cookies
Assembling Your Trifle
- In large trifle bowl, layer ingredients in the following order:
- Layer 1/3 of cake cubes in bottom
- Top with half of pumpkin spice pudding
- Sprinkle 1/3 cookie crumbs over top
- Layer 1/3 of cake cubes over cookie crumbs
- Top with vanilla pudding/whipped topping mixture
- Sprinkle another 1/3 cookie crumbs over top
- Layer with last 1/3 cake cubes
- Top with remaining pumpkin spice pudding
- Top pudding with remainder of whipped topping
- Sprinkle top with last 1/3 cookie crumbs
- Garnish with whole ginger cookies
- Serve immediately
Leave a comment, below, if you try this Pumpkin Ginger Trifle recipe!
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, health and lifestyle. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more