One thing I’ve learned in the past 5 years is that I need to use sun protection year round, not just in the warm, spring and summer months. The winter can be very harsh on your skin. The air is dry which dries your skin out. The sun can cause damage regardless of a bright, sunny day. So along with my moisturizer I also use a good sunscreen with a higher SPF each time I’m outdoors.
A great sunscreen can help protect against photodamage, the primary cause of signs of aging. I received a complimentary sample of Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector SPF50 to test out and I’d like to share some info about it with you.
Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector SPF50 is an an ultra-fine transparent mineral sunscreen. It is super light weight. It has a slight tint that blends in perfectly. I use it after applying my morning moisturizer and eye cream/serum and before applying any makeup. I love how easily this sunscreen blends into my skin.
The Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector SPF50 offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. I am so light complected and when I’m in the sun without sun protection I burn, peel and freckle. So I like to use a higher SPF to really offer me the most protection from the sun. I’ve been using it for a couple weeks and my skin feels really good. The slight tint and the minerals seem to give my complexion a nice summery glow without a tan. I’ve not had any sunburn so the SPF50 really seems to work well.
Because this sunscreen is lightly tinted and helps smooth out imperfections in my skin and because it is so lightweight, it is going to be PERFECT while traveling! I’m looking forward to seeing how this sunscreen performs when we go to Gatlinburg and hike or walk the strip. The sun bears down on me so I can’t wait to see how it holds up.
An ultra-fine transparent mineral sunscreen in a virtually invisible universal tint smoothes imperfections and helps natural skin tone appear more even. Multi-Antioxidants Vitamin E and Lactobionic Acid fortify skin’s natural defense, scavenging free radicals brought on by daily environmental aggressors before they can cause premature aging. A PHA/Bionic complex helps prevent collagen breakdown to maintain a healthy skin matrix and firmness, and helps prevent signs of photoaging such as lines and wrinkles. A highly purified and concentrated form of Green Tea Extract reduces cell breakdown and helps protect cellular DNA for healthy skin. PA++++ highest level of UVA protection. Suitable for all skin types. Product is fragrance-free, paraben-free and oil-free as well as non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic.
Sun Protection Tips:
Here are a few tips that I have to offer sun protection for your skin in the summer, while traveling and even in the winter.
- Use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a higher SPF, applying it at least 15 minutes before sun exposure. (I love 45 – 50) If you absolutely have to get a tan, use a lower SPF to still offer some protection.
- Use a water resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating and reapply at least every 2 hours.
- Wear a stylish sun hat or baseball cap when outdoors
- Wear long sleeves when possible. No one wants to swelter in the hot sun but sleeves and pants help block harmful rays from the sun.
- Don’t forget your eyes! Wear sunglasses that offer both UVA and UVB sun protection. Your eyes can be damaged along with your skin.
- Don’t forget your lips! If you’ve even had sunburned lips you’ll know how important it is to protect them. You can buy lip balm with sunscreen in it. I prefer an SPF of 15+ The higher the better. You don’t need to tan your actual lips.
- Don’t forget your hair! Seriously. Your hair can get sun damaged just like the rest of you. Use a good conditioner and if you’re going to be in the sun for long periods of time, with your hair exposed, spritz or rub a small amount of sunscreen in your hair.
Those are just a few tips I have for keeping your skin protected against the sun. I hope we get to go to Gatlinburg soon so I can really put my Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector SPF50 to the travel test!
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, health and lifestyle. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more