I have been on a warm salad kick lately. I can’t seem to get enough! Following THM, we get to enjoy good, healthy fats. Bacon, butter, coconut oil… just to name a few. Bacon and the warm drippings are AH-MA-ZING on romaine or leaf lettuce. Two of my favorite ways to enjoy it are a BLT Wilted Lettuce Salad and this Warm Bacon and Fried Radish Salad.
I love a good ‘ole BLT but, in order to have one, it would be a Trim Healthy Mama Crossover, mixing fats with carbs. This is ok, on occasion, but isn’t as conducive to weight-loss and that’s the season I’m currently in. So… I enjoy it as a salad instead! And with summer coming up, salads are my go-to meals.
This recipe is so simple. I mean, incredibly simple, easy and tasty!
All you do is chop your lettuce and tomatoes, stir in some Apple Cider Vinegar to cut some of the fat and add a little acidity, fry up some bacon nice and crisp and pour it over top the lettuce and tomatoes!
Warm BLT Salad: BLT Wilted Lettuce Salad – THM S
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 pound Bacon cooked and crumbles
- Chop romaine lettuce into large bowlSlice cherry tomatoes into small pieces and add to lettuceStir in Apple Cider Vinegar until well mixed and set asideMeanwhile, fry bacon until crisp: chop/crumble into small piecesStir bacon and hot bacon grease/drippings into saladServe Warm
See how quick and easy that comes together? This BLT salad is perfect to take along to a cookout, as lunch or as a side dish to your supper.
It does need to be served warm so, if taking it to a cookout, you may want to keep the bacon grease, warmed, in a separate container and stir it in when ready to serve.
Now, if you like a little mayo on your BLT’s, feel free to stir in 1 – 2 TBSP for a creamy version of this BLT Wilted Lettuce!
Leave me a comment, below, if you try this yummy BLT Salad! Sometimes, you just need some good old wilted lettuce and a BLT Wilted Lettuce Salad is the perfect way to enjoy it!