I previously told you about the achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor. Yesterday, I shared with you top tips for flu prevention. Today, I want to share some cold and flu tips from Kleenex in case you do catch a nasty cold or the flu. One of my favorite things to use is a good old Kleenex along with Boogie Wipes. I use both. Soft, fluffy goodness as well as lotion and antiviral properties from a Kleenex brand tissue and moist healing from the Boogie Wipes if your children’s noses are running a lot and getting red. I also keep on-the-go packs in my purse and the kids backpacks. To avoid the day one scramble, stock up on Kleenex brand’s new thicker and more absorbent everyday tissue, which provides exceptional hand protection by helping to keep hands clean and dry.
Tips to feel better!
- Boost your immune system with Vitamin D – enjoying a little sunshine can help.
- To help reduce your fever, put wet towels around your shoulders instead of your forehead.
- Avoid using humidifiers when you’re sick – they can actually spread the flu germs.
- Not all liquids hydrate equally – stick to water, herbal tea and fruit juice when you’re sick.
- Warm, clear broth, especially chicken can help ward off chills and make you feel better
- Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen help with fever and aches (check with your Dr. before use)
- Orange juice (Vitamin C) can help boost your immune system as well
- Get plenty of rest. While exercise is great for your immune system and metabolism, overdoing it while sick can make you feel worse.
- Use Kleenex to catch the yuck! Them promptly toss them in the trash.
Did you know?
- 96% of school nurses agree that when a child comes to school sick, other children tend to catch his or her virus.
- The Center for Disease Control recommends facial tissues as one of the key strategies to minimize cold and flu viruses.
- Every year, the U.S. alone reports more than one billion colds and 35 – 50 million flu cases.
- All colds are contagious, regardless of mucus color.
Head over to www.Kleenex.com where you can find additional tips and advice to prepare your homes for what’s ahead, and useful information to help you avoid the last minute trips to the store so that you can care for their family when someone gets sick.
Another great way to stop the spread of germs is by using Kleenex Hand Towels in place of cloth hand towels during cold and flu season.
Be sure to check out the achoo by Kleenex cold and flu predictor – the first and only tool that can actually predict when cold and flu will reach your area.
What tips do you have for feeling better during a cold or the flu? Leave me a comment below!
I am a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with my husband and children. I’m a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, essential oils and health. From time to time I also like to showcase my adorable pets along with my family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow I can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more