When you visit Anakeesta Sept 13 – November 2 (select nights), you will notice something very spooky in the air! Anakeesta will be hosting The Legend Of Hallow Mountain for some fall and Halloween fun and Clay and I will be attending!
We teamed up with the folks at Anakeesta for our upcoming anniversary trip, to show you all the fun, romance and spooky adventures they have to offer this fall. And we can’t wait!
What is the Legend of Hallow Mountain?
The Legend of Hallow Mountain is a fall adventure series hosted by Anakeesta. It features spooky fun for everyone in the family of all ages. It’s not just for kids or adults, but for the entire family! Although, there are some parts that are specifically for ages 12 and up.
For the entire family, especially kids:
- Non-spooky characters
- Fall inspired treats (oooh yes!!!)
- All the Anakeesta attractions, listed below, during the daylight hours. After dark, it’s 12 and up.
For ages 12 and up, after sunset:
- New Firefly Forest – the 16 bridge Treetop Skywalk transforms after dark
- Anakeesta Gem Mining – mining treasure begin to glow after dark!
- Halloween movies at the overlook
- Haunted Rail Runner Mountain Coaster – turns into a haunted adventure. ” Race down a spooky mountainside ride to a settlers camp where the walking dead may try and steal your soul with only strobing lights to guide your way through the foggy darkness of night.”
- Zombie Zip Lining – the zip line turns into a haunted adventure. “A beacon of light will guide your way through almost 3,000 feet of ziplining fun. “
- The Vista Gardens – becomes a Haunted Mountain Graveyard filled with the undead trying to find their way off the mountain. “During the harvest moon, the lost souls of anguished settlers become the undead, rising from their graves, desperately searching for a way off Hallow Mountain as zombies, eager to harvest souls to share their misery. “
Autumn at Anakeesta and Hallow Mountain are included in the cost of general admission. Zombie Ziplining and the Haunted Rail Runner Mountain Coaster require an additional ticket purchase.
Visit this page for more info on the Legend Of Hallow Mountain and ticket prices.
From what I’ve heard and read online, Legend of Hallow Mountain has some pretty great fear factor moments in the scare zones. I’ve heard that there are several spots where you will really get the scare you’re after!
Clay and I are looking forward to visiting for a couple reasons.
- Anakeesta is incredibly romantic
- Frightening Halloween fun!
Sure, going on an anniversary trip is very romantic and we definitely want to take advantage of that. Anakeesta is beautiful and the views are gorgeous. The entire atmosphere is just really romantic. So we want to head up in the afternoon to experience that. Maybe grab a bite to eat at one of the eateries there, walk along the park and take in the views and get some good photographs.
But, we also want to enjoy the spooky fun Anakeesta has to offer, after dark. So, we’ll stay into the evening, watch a movie, walk along the Firefly Forest and Haunted Mountain Graveyard and get our scare on and enjoy all the fall and haunted adventures Legend Of Hallow Mountain offers.
While there, we’ll meet Ana and the Gravedigger, 2 of the undead and hear the tale of how the fireflies were meant to guide the way of souls until the settlers arrived.
We will take a ride on the Haunted Rail Runner Mountain Coaster and maybe even try out the Zombie Zip Lining. Neither of us have ever been zip lining, so, doing it at night during a haunted adventure will definitely get the adrenaline pumping! I actually really want to try it, and I’m a big ole chicken so this should be interesting! 🤣
We will be sharing our visit with you so be sure and subscribe to our newsletter so you an stay up to date on all Cinnamon Hollow happenings, including our trip to Anakeesta this fall!
Things you will find at Anakeesta:
- Vista Gardens Walk – new interactive area (recently opened expansion since memorial day weekend)
- Treetop Skywalk – Anakeesta’s Treetop Skybridge is the longest tree-based bridge in North America! Guests will walk 880′ along a spectacular hanging bridge suspended 50-60 feet in the air! (Also our Firefly Experience during Hallow Mountain)
- WORLD’s ONLY fixed-grip Chondola – Choose to ride in an open air 4-person chair with a safety bar or select an enclosed gondola cabin with seating for 6.
- Autumn At Anakeesta (hosted in our Overlook Beer Garden) all events are free with admission!
- Recently opened – Ridge Rambler military trucks – additional way for our guests to access Anakeesta in addition to our Chondola ride (at no extra cost)
- Hallow Mountain – Scare nights
Have you ever been to Anakeesta? If so, what was your favorite part? We’re really looking forward to riding the Chondola up, but especially, back down at night so we can see all the city lights of Gatlinburg!
This article appears in our series: Blogging In The Smokies.
Travel Lover | Pet Mama | Beauty Junkie | Low Glycemic – Healthy Fats – Low Carb – Keto Inspired Food Enthusiast | Cocktails | Printables
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, health and lifestyle. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more
Leave a Reply