My family and I just returned from a week of fun in Saint Simon’s Island, GA. There’s nothing more relaxing than a beach vacation. Unless it rains. And it did, but only on the last day! It was sad to end our vacation on a rainy day but we were still able to have fun making slime in an AirFort!
AirFort provided us a complimentary AirFort for review. All opinions are our own and were formed through personal testing. Your results may vary.
My daughter loves to make slime and took her slime making supplies, in her go-bag, on vacation. I took the AirFort just in case we had rainy weather. There’s an enclosed porch as well as a large floor area in the girls room, in the beach house we rented, so I figured that would be perfect for some rainy day fun. As it turns out, we did have some rain so the AirFort was perfect!
The AirFort is incredibly easy to set up and use. You, literally, just velcro 4 small straps, turn on a fan and voila! In 30 seconds you’re all set to play. To deflate, just get everything out and turn the fan off. Let it deflate then fold and pack it up. It comes with small Velcro pieces that you attach to your box fan as well as a carrying bag so everything is included. AND, this actually fits back inside the carrying bag easily! ð
I like that the area for the fan is an enclosed tunnel area so when the kids are in the AirFort, they cannot access the fan. There is a tunnel with a mesh cover preventing access.
The fabric is incredible soft and silky. It is very breathable and there is a mesh window to allow more air flow. This also helps you keep a close eye on your kids while they’re playing inside.
- 5 color options
- No floor for an easy entrance and exit
- Viewing window for kids to see in and out
- A light polyester fabric that is both breathable and durable
- A mesh divider to prevent access to fan *child safety approved*
- Velcro stickers to secure AirFort to fan
There isn’t a floor made onto it so you can easily access it by just lifting the side and crawling under. The AirFort is plenty big enough for kids (and adults) of all sizes. Gracie and I had plenty of room to make our slime. Our dog, Jasper was with us as well as my oldest daughter, who was filming. It wasn’t the slightest bit cramped.
You can see our slime making fun in the video below. I’d never made slime but I think it turned out pretty good. I had so much fun doing this activity with our daughter. She’s a great slime making teacher!
I can, honestly, say that this was the most fun I’ve had on a rainy day. I love that having the AirFort prevented our last beach vacation day from being a sad day ruined by the rain.
We have played in our AirFort a ton since receiving it and since coming back from vacation. Even as an adult, I love spending time in there with the kids. Forts are always a ton of fun and having one that is so quick to set up and take down is even better!
Here’s a little collage of some of the time we’ve spent inside our AirFort.
Product Description: AIR FORT – If you need a break from messy furniture forts, we’ve got your answer! The AIR FORT is the first kid’s fort to hit the market that inflates in seconds with the switch of an ordinary household fan. The fort blows up in seconds and is child safety protected. AirFort measures 77in wide and 50 in tall. There is no floor for an easy entrance and exit with a viewing window to see out of. It is easy to take down and fits in a compact baghttps://www.airfort.com/
How To Make Slime
- Large Bowl
- Empty Bottle (for Borax mixture)
- 3/4 – 1 Cup 20 Mule Team Borax
- 1/2 Cup Shaving Foam
- 2 TBSP Handsoap
- 1 Handful Foam Beads (optional)
- In an empty bottle, add hot water and Borax. Cap and shake until dissolved and well mixed. We used about 12 ounces of hot water and 2 TBSP Borax powder mixed in a bottle. (Set aside)Mix together glue and shaving foam.Add hand soap.Add in foam beads. Start with a couple TBSP of the mixture, stir into your glue/shaving foam until it leaves the sides of the bowl and begins to congeal. Add in your coloring by wither using a couple drops of food coloring or dabbing with markers like we did. Mix well until a uniform slime texture. Fold in glitter or other mix-in's (charms, etc)Store in an airtight container
Have you ever played in an AirFort? What are some fun games and activities you’d play inside your AirFort? Leave us a comment, below if you’d like to see more AirFort videos, like this one, on our new YouTube channel: Martin Family Journeys (coming soon)!
Find AirFort online via their website and on Amazon <— affiliate link
Check out all our recipes!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!