Be it any day, salmon is undoubtedly everybody’s favourite dish out there. To be more precise, grilled salmon. The flavour profile and the smell are to die for. It is the perfect dish to try out with your loved ones and can light up the occasion! But not everyone can be a real master at this dish. Don’t worry.
And whoever told you that making the famous salmon BBQ dish is a tough task is indeed wrong! Even if you are a beginner here, we have the right grilled salmon recipe for you that is incredibly delicious and easy to cook! It will be a fun experience, and you will surely master this dish after one trial! Let’s check out the detailed recipe of this delicious recipe.
The ingredient list isn’t huge since we will go for the basic and the easiest recipe out there that will taste heavenly. Let’s check out the ingredient list below.
- A nice fillet of salmon with its skin intact
- Extra virgin olive oil or Grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt
- Grounded black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Chilli powder
Which seasonings should you use?
Salmon is delicious, even with basic salt and pepper. However, if you still want to add a twist of spices, then these are some finest choices of seasoning combinations you can choose from to garnish on your salmon BBQ.
- Lemon Salmon: Butter, Lemon juice, Kosher salt, Pepper
- Soy Salmon: Honey, Mustard, Soy Sauce, and lemon juice
- Homemade Barbecue sauce: Lemon juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, water
- Cilantro Lime Salmon: Chopped cilantro, Kosher salt, Lime juice, minced cloves, pepper, and honey
How to grill your salmon?
Now when we have all of the stuff ready, let’s get started with the main procedure: Our fish is grilling!
- Brush or spray the surface of the grill generously with your choice of oil. We will be taking olive oil here. (This is essential since your salmon might stick to the grill if you don’t brush oil on the surface)
- Preheat your grill and keep the setting to medium-high. (Approximately 400-450 degrees)
- Check If the grill is hot after three to five minutes
- Place the salmon on the grill. Keep the skin side towards the grill
- Cook for six to ten minutes
- Turn over the salmon and grill the remaining area
- Sprinkle the garlic and the chili powder
- Check if the salmon is properly grilled and then turn off the heat
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice after you are done grilling it
Your fish is fresh and ready to be served on the plates! But wait! Let’s check out the serving options first.
When your salmon BBQ is hot and ready, you just need to serve it with your suitable choice to serve because the presentation is equally important. There are innumerable options to choose from such as serving your salmon BBQ, but these are the most popular ones. One of the most favourite seasonings of all time is Lemon Salmon. It has the right amount of tanginess in it, which is undoubtedly delicious!
You can try serving your dish with fresh fruits or vegetables of your choice. One great choice is zucchini, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, lime juice, and fresh mint. This mix will be a great addition to your BBQ! Alternatively, you can also try topping it up with veggies like some capsicum, broccoli, and mushrooms. Just steam them up, and they are ready to be accompanied with your salmon BBQ!
Or you can make a dip as well! Vinegar, along with a few suitable spices of your choice and hot ketchup, is an excellent choice here!
Wasn’t this quick and easy? We have tried to cover up every nitty-gritty detail of the recipe so that you become a complete pro at it without any hassle!
There are many ways on how you can grill your salmon and enjoy it, but this is undoubtedly one of most outstanding out there. You will surely get loads of compliments for this dish. You can thank us later for this, though! This is the perfect dish out there that can be enjoyed with your loved ones, along with your favourite beverage!
Find more great recipes in our recipes archive.