If you love looking at Holiday lights, a fun place to visit on your next trip to Tennessee is Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland in Sevierville, Tennessee, a place my family and I were lucky enough to be able to review. I missed posting this in time for you to visit for the 2013 season. But mark this on your to-do lists for 2014! And, actually, if you’re in the Smoky Mountains right now, this ends tomorrow so GO, GO, GO! It’s open from dusk until 10 PM so if you’re in the area, go see it tonight at the Tennessee Smokies Baseball Stadium!!!!!!
Clay, the kids and I visited Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland to see the Holiday light show when we traveled to the Smoky Mountains back in November. And I’m so glad we did. The photos below do not capture just how fun, festive and magical the light show was. I forgot my camera back at the cabin so I had to use my Bloggie to take photos and it just didn’t do well at all. But you can see a bit of the show in the photos and video below. I do apologize for the quality of both.
When you first drive in you will see a sign to tune your radio to a specific station. When you do, you will begin to hear Christmas music that is in sync with the lights. The lights dance to the rhythm! This season’t theme for the lights was Santa’s Beach Party and the majority of the light decorations had something to do with the beach or ocean. It was so cute.
In this photo, you will see the SS SANTA where Rudolph and the elves have embarked on a sailing trip!
It looks like Santa loaded up the dune buggy and took the elves parasilaing!
In the photo above, you see some sort of sea creature. SCARY!
A giant crab!
Whales and Reindeer
And in this photo you see a small portion of the beach Party scene.
You can see in the photos above that the Santa’s Beach Party theme was fun and creative. The light decorations were huge too. You had to look up to see them in their entirety. These weren’t any dinky decorations by any means.
This one says Merry Christmas but I didn’t catch it in time.
And my personal favorite is this one of the reindeer roasting marshmallows! I LOVE this scene!
The drive didn’t end with Santa’s Beach Party. After driving through a maze of Beach Party, you then enter a section with giant trees, arches and strings of lights that play in time to the music on the radio. It was so beautiful.
We picked a spot where no cars were coming through so we could pull over for a minute and just listen. It is a spectacular show that gave me goose bumps on my arms. I have a little video of some of the lights show for you. Again, I apologize for the quality. I had to use my Bloggie and there was a faint clicking noise and the focus just wasn’t up to par for nighttime.
So, I missed telling you in time for this year. You won’t want to miss out next season! It’s very affordable and when you are finished with the tour of lights, you can take your child to Santa’s Village through December 23. There is some additional cost to the activities in Santa’s Village. Unfortunately, it wasn’t yet open when we were there so we didn’t get to experience the fun. My kids missed Santa. I do wish is had opened when Shadrack’s did. But oh well.
Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland Prices:
- $20 – Car or Van
- $30 – Activity Van, Limo, or Mini/Half Bus
- $75 – Tour/School Bus
Additional purchases if you also visit Santa’s Village include:
- Inflatables: $5 for UNLIMITED PLAY!
- Santa Train: $5
- Orbitron: $5
- Pony or Camel Rides: $5
- Refreshments: $1 – $5
- Kettle Corn: $5
Check out my accompanying post over on Vacation Maybe!
Have you visited Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland in Sevierville, TN or any of the other locations including Asheville, NC – New Market, MD or Myrtle Beach, SC?
Blogging In The Smokies
- I’m Spending Spring Break Fireside. Fireside Chalets.
- Our Fabulous Smoky Mountain Fall Break with Colonial Properties!
- Our Fall Vacation With Fireside Chalet And Cabin Rentals
- Circle G Ranch. The Frisky Yak, Kissing Camel And The Water Buffalo Grope.
- Family Fun At Circle G Ranch
- Enjoy The “Country Charm” At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals. Lot’s Of Photos. @auntiebelhams
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel In Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Family Fun At Ober Gatlinburg
- Family Tradition At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland Sevierville, Tennessee
- Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Winter Haven
- Ripley’s Mirror Maze In Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Experience Fall In The Smoky Mountains With Adventure Park Zip Lines At Five Oaks
- Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster. Fun For The Entire Family! #smokies
- Fun At OktOBERfest Ober Gatlinburg
- Anniversary Getaway At Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals: Bear’s Den @auntiebelhams
- Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center – Pigeon Forge @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- Gatlinburg Getaway At Mulberry Place – Auntie Belham’s Cabin Rentals
- The Hollywood Wax Museum Pigeon Forge, Tennessee @pigeonforgewax @usfg
- 8 Ripley’s Attractions Gatlinburg Discount!
- Ski Mountain Coaster At Ober Gatlinburg
- Fall Fun At Oakes Family Farm Corn Maze And Pumpkin Patch
- Ripley’s Aquarium Of The Smokies
- Ripleys 5D Moving Theater