I have a delicious Holiday breakfast recipe for you, just in time for Christmas! If you’re tired of serving the same old thing every year, kick it up a notch with this Breakfast Yule Log with Cranberry Chutney recipe. Recipe courtesy of The Hotel Saugatuck in Saugatuck, Michigan
I don’t know about you, but my taste-buds have been screaming for cranberries this year. What’s so odd about that, is I don’t even really like cranberries, except in my Cranberry Apple Bake! Or, at least, I didn’t used to. Apparently my taste has changed more than I realized since giving up sugar. What little sugar I do consume is so minimal, my taste buds have made a huge change.
This recipe can be made the Trim Healthy Mama way by simply replacing the sugar with your favorite on-plan sweetener, adjusting to your level of preferred sweetness based on your sweetener of choice. I love the [amazon_textlink asin=’B00NI2CTB0′ text=’Pyure brand stevia/erythritol sweetener blend’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’crystalmartin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4759e5d5-f32a-11e8-b709-814316dae45a’] I buy at Walmart and Amazon. (affiliate link)
Ok, here’s your Breakfast Yule Log with Cranberry Chutney recipe. Mmmm this sounds SO GOOD!!!
Recipe: Breakfast Yule Log
- 12 eggs – whisked
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 bunch kale
- 12 slices bacon – cooked
¼ c water
- 12 oz bag fresh cranberries
- ½ c sugar
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Zest of 1 orange
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line baking sheet (with sides) with parchment paper
- Lightly spray parchment with non-stick spray
- Pour eggs onto parchment and bake for approximately 12 minutes or until egg is fully cooked
- Destem kale and chop.
- Sautee chopped kale in a pan. Add water to pan, stir occasionally until water is cooked off
- Remove “egg sheet” from the pan and place on a large cutting board
- Spread goat cheese to cover the eggs
- Layer bacon and kale over the cheese
- Roll eggs sheet into a log
- Cut slices of the log and serve with cranberry chutney
- Combine ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat stirring occasionally until cranberries have broken down.
- Place cranberry mixture in a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend for 15 seconds
Credit: Farrell Leo
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
About The Hotel Saugatuck
The Hotel Saugatuck is an 18-room luxury bed and breakfast with stunning views of Lake Kalamazoo, offering modern amenities, mere blocks from the vintage reminiscent small-town of Saugatuck, Michigan, and minutes from Douglas. Built in 1865, The Hotel Saugatuck, formerly the Twin Gables Inn, is the only original mill in the area still standing from the busy lumbering era. It is now comprised of a dozen rooms in the historic hotel and three duplex cottages, each with two guestrooms.
All rooms feature king sized beds, private bathrooms, Jason Hydrotherapy Tubs with Micro-silk Technology, in-room breakfast, in-room dessert, fireplaces, and individual climate control. Privacy and individual attention define The Hotel Saugatuck experience. www.
Have you ever stayed there? I’d LOVE to visit some day. In the meantime, I’ll be enjoying a sugar-free version of this Breakfast Yule Log with sugar-free Cranberry Chutney. Either way will be delicious, I’m sure!
Leave us a comment, below, if you try this Breakfast Yule Log with Cranberry Chutney recipe.
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, essential oils and health. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more