Essential oils have been used to remedy various ailments. These concentrated liquid extracts from plants have been used by people to combat a lot of discomforts or any health problems that may come up.
Over the counter medicines are okay, but it may have some adverse side effects that would do more harm than good. A lot of Aromatherapists have come up with a list of the best essential oils perfect in fighting against headaches and migraines. These include essential oils from Lavender, peppermint, Lemongrass, Eucalyptus, Rosemary and many more. To help you fight at the very first sign of migraine or headaches we have listed some of the best essential oil brands in the market today.
However, before using any of these essential oils, make sure to consult a health professional. Remember, even if these are natural products, it can still have some minor discomfort when not used properly.
Before going to the essential oil brands, here are the 5 essential oils proven to give you relief from headaches and migraines.
- Peppermint Essential Oil is probably one of the most popular essential oils for people suffering from headaches. This essential oil should be a staple in your medicine closet. This fresh and aromatic, minty oil do a lot of wonders for people with lingering headaches. It promotes relaxation and relieves muscle pain, joint pains and can even be used to fight bugs and mosquitoes. This versatile essential oil has been used by generations by different cultures due to its many uses.
- Eucalyptus is obtained from the fresh leaves of a eucalyptus tree. It has a lot of medicinal properties making it perfect for people who wants to relax, and get rid of pains naturally. It is antiseptic as well as an antidepressant. Its minty scent can help you make feel more relaxed.
- Rosemary essential oil can be used to combat stress, headache and minor skin problems. Extracted from a rosemary plant, it is popular among aromatherapists. It is also being used in cosmetics due to its antiseptic and antioxidant properties.
- Lavender just like peppermint, Chamomile essential oil is one of the most used oils today. It is said to help people suffering not only from minor ailments but also those with major diseases. It can effectively relieve pain, headaches, migraine and can even give you a more relaxed feeling.
- Chamomile this versatile essential oil is loaded with a lot medicinal properties. It is an effective antispasmodic, antiseptic, antibiotic and antidepressant essential oil. It is used to combat colic problems in children and is widely used to fight headache and migraines.
Now that you have the list of the top essential oils, here are the best brands of essential oils in the market today.
Headache Blended Scented Oil by Prime Natural: Contains lemongrass which is proven to combat headache. This aromatic essential oil can be used almost on anything. Its main ingredient, lemongrass extract is an antidepressant, antiseptic, diuretic, insecticidal, and more. To use this, pour an ample amount of oil on your palms and massage it on your head. Rub your hands gently and take a whiff on its scent. You will almost immediately feel the relief. You may also use a diffuser to allow you to relax and release tension.
doTerra PastTense Essential Oil Blend is perfect for people who suffers from lingering migraines. It has a good amount of lavender oils that allows you to sleep better and relieve you from agonizing headaches and pains. Simply apply this roll-on brand on your temple and be amazed how it can work quickly.
Migraine & Headache Pain Relief Magnesium Essential Oil Spray. Manufactured by Seven Minerals, this product offers a lot of health benefits and not just to fight headaches and migraines. It can increase your energy level, fight stress and fatigue, asthma, chest pains and more. It can even help in promoting well hydrated skin. Simply spray on the affected parts and gently massage it all over. You will feel almost immediate relief from headaches. They also have another variant which has Aloe Vera in it. This is effective in keeping your skin soft and supple.
Perhaps one of best essential oil brands today is Kis Oil’s. They have a lot of essential oils for all your need. However, their Peppermint essential oil is a must buy especially if you suffer from frequent headaches. Kis Oil’s guarantees the veracity of the purity and potency of their products. The oil is kept in a dark amber brown bottle which protects the oil from light degradation and makes it effective against any ailment for a longer time. It also has a dropper which allows you to use the product without touching the tip of the bottle preventing any contamination. Aside from peppermint, it also comes in different scents and oils which include Lavender essential oil, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lemongrass and Sweet Orange.
Basic Vigor Nutraceuticals’ Migrstil Migraine Headache Roll-on Relief is an innovative product offering instant relief from nasty headaches and migraines. Not only does it fight headaches, it also smells good giving you a more relaxed feel. It works perfectly well for people who suffer from sinus pains and pressure. It contains pure and natural, therapeutic grade essential oils from lavender, peppermint and fractionated coconut oil. It is easy to use, just apply to temples, forehead and at the back of your neck whenever you feel you are going to have a migraine or headache.
Before trying any of these products or brands, make sure you are not allergic to any of these oils. Moreover, check with a medical practitioner the condition you are into. Remember there are several types of headaches and are there are a lot of things that can cause it.
Natural remedies are proven to help ease several ailments but if you are still suffering from a lingering illness or headache, maybe it is time you need to check this out with your doctor. Natural remedies like essential oils can offer relief but there are just some things that need immediate medical care and attention.
Hi! I’m Crystal Martin, a stay at home mom of 4, living in KY with my high school sweetheart husband of 20+ years. My husband and I are co-bloggers at Cinnamon Hollow where we write about homesteading, travel, beauty, our lives with our kids and pets, fun and free printables as well as the products and services that make our lives just a little bit easier – and a lot more fun!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!