Every Thanksgiving and Christmas I enjoy making Cinnamon Spiced Pecans for my family. I love munching on them even more!!!! Here is the recipe I use. It is a variation of several recipes I have tried over the years. Some you bake, some are stove top. None of them satisfied my Cinnamon loving tooth. We are named Cinnamon Hollow you know. 😀
Most included other spices as well and for these, I wanted a full-on cinnamon-sugar flavor. So this is my own recipe, using a stove top method, and you are more than welcome to give it a try!
Cinnamon Spiced Pecans Recipe
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1/4 evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon. yes, it sounds like a lot
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Mix sugar, evaporated milk, salt, cinnamon and water together in large non-stick saucepan, over medium heat, stirring constantly to avoind burning.
- Continue stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- GENTLY fold in pecans. They will break easily so fold them in very gently.
- Stir for 5 - 8 minutes, until pecans are thoroughly coated.
- Add melted butter and stir until very little syrup remains. (I like little extra coating on my pecans for a candy-like crunch)
- Remove from heat
- Immediately turn onto wax lined cookie sheet.
- Spread into a single layer (some overlap is ok)
- Cool Completely
- One cooled, break apart and store in airtight container. (after you've sampled a few of course!)
Dissolving sugar – coating pecans – adding melted butter – cooling pecans on wax paper
They are very cinnamon-y and very yummy and your house will smell beyond delicious while they are cooking! I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
This recipe was created by Crystal Martin. Do not copy. If you wish to share this recipe, please link directly to this blog post. Thank you!
Leave a comment if you try this Cinnamon Spiced Pecans recipe!
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, health and lifestyle. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more