I love going out to eat for Valentine’s Day but what I love more, is a romantic date at home with, either, Clay or me cooking something special. I’d rather be at home with my love, on a romantic holiday, than driving all over town. Plus, we live 30 miles from the nearest town so we’d be spending most of our night out driving! I have a few tips on how to easily cook a romantic meal for your love, this Valentine’s Day!
Affiliate links have been used in this post. I will earn a commission when you shop via my links, with no fees passed on to you. Thank you!
It doesn’t have to be hard, folks. But, you’re not romantic? Or maybe you’re on a really tight budget? Big deal! Being romantic may not be as hard or expensive as you think.
- First, choose where you’ll be serving your meal. At the dining table? Or maybe a picnic meal on a blanket in the living room. If you have a fireplace this would be perfect! Toss some fluffy pillows and blankets on the floor in front of the fireplace.
- Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you can’t make things look the part. In this case, Valentine’s Day, get some red, heart shaped mylar balloons filled a your local dollar store. They’re inexpensive but really add some fun.
- Many dollar stores like the Dollar Tree also sell small bags of silk rose petals in their floral and craft department. Sprinkle some on the tables, the floor leading to the table and any place you want to give a romantic feel. Choose red, white and pink or go for all red.
- Light some white candles or battery operated white candles. Place them on the table for a romantic, candlelit meal. Battery operated candles also make a beautiful walkway. Create a path to the table with the silk roses and place a few battery candles along each side.
- A dozen roses make a gorgeous centerpiece for your table. These don’t have to cost a fortune. Most grocery stores sell roses. They don’t have to be long stem for the message to come across that you’re in love!
This is where you may want to splurge, just a little. Steak and seafood are what most folks think of when they think of a romantic meal. This can be easy, as well, though. ButcherBox is one of my favorite ways to purchase affordable, quality meat. They are always offering amazing deals and Valentine’s Day just happens to be when they have a great surf and turf deal! In Feb 2020, new members received 2 lbs of wild-caught salmon and 2 grass-fed filet mignons (6oz) for free in their first box. How’s that for meal planning? Members got both the meats that you’d want to cook a romantic meal for your love. While that deal is over, you can still order those delicious meats in your ButcherBox subscription!
Cooking the food is super easy. First, there are TONS of recipes and tutorial for cooking salmon or filet mignon, on YouTube and Pinterest. A quick search on either of those will give you some great, simple recipes. Here are a couple I enjoy: Garlic Butter Filet Mignon, How To Cook The Best Filet Mignon, Gordon Ramsay’s Crispy Salmon Recipe, Easy Pan Seared Salmon Recipe with Lemon Butter. Those are just a couple recipes to show you how to cook a romantic meal for your love.
Pair either (or both) of those with a small garden salad, green beans, asparagus, oven roasted potatoes (just dice, toss in a little oil, season with salt and pepper and bake on a roasting pan at 400F for about 40 minutes) or even plain ole macaroni and cheese if that is what you both love to eat! The main tip is to keep it simple and easy and things will be more likely to go off without a hitch!
Valentine’s Day Gifts:
Ok, this one may be a little more difficult. Some people really want that big gift. But, most people just want the cliche Valentine’s Day gifts. Honestly, I’ve always loved getting that big box of yummy chocolates (sugar-free for me this year), a card and a stuffed animal. Jewelry is good too. And it doesn’t have to be expensive. A beautiful necklace or pair of earrings make great gifts. This Rose Gold Opalite Tree of Life necklace would be perfect! Most importantly, the thought is really all that matters.
This can mean so many things. For some, just cozy-ing up in front of the fireplace for a snuggle or TV for a good movie is all you need. Order take-out and enjoy your time together.
For others, creating the ultimate romantic space and cooking a delicious meal is #1. No matter your preference, just relax and enjoy your time together. Valentine’s Day is supposed to be romantic, not stressful.
Cook a romantic meal, order food in, snuggle and watch a movie or have the perfect honeymoon you’ve always wanted. Either way, don’t stress it and it’ll be great!
Find more Valentine’s Day Gift ideas here.
Travel Lover | Pet Mama | Beauty Junkie | Low Glycemic – Healthy Fats – Low Carb – Keto Inspired Food Enthusiast | Cocktails | Printables
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, health and lifestyle. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more
Leave a Reply