Disclosure: I received a complimentary sample of Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder to facilitate my post. All opinions a re my own.
I love a good smoothie. I’ve been on a smoothie and green juice kick lately and have been having a blast coming up with healthy add-ins like chia seeds, flax meal and matcha green tea powder. We live in a really small town so it can be hard finding some of my smoothie ingredients I’ve come to love, so I have to shop online. Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder is one of the items I shop for online at Amazon.
Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder works perfectly in smoothies, green tea lattes, as a tea, and in baked goods. We use it daily in various ways. Today, I had a muffin / cupcake using it along with a Coconut Green Tea Latte and tomorrow I’ll be having a Blueberry Chia Matcha Smoothie (recipe below)
The powder is very fine and I’ve found that it blends really quickly and smoothly. I have a blender bottle that I use for my protein shakes and I use that to mix the Matcha Green Tea Powder into any liquid I’ll be using. Then if I’m making a smoothie I just blend all my ingredients in my blender with the green tea liquid I’ve made and I’m good to go. For baked goods, I add it to my dry ingredients. And for lattes and tea, I steep it in warm coconut milk or coconut water that has just been brought to a boil and removed from heat. After it has steeped for 3 – 5 minutes, I give it a quick shake in my blender bottle to really mix it up well.
The taste is fairly mild. I find it unnoticeable when mixed in smoothies and very mild and pleasant as a tea. It has an earthy taste and smell. The color of this particular matcha powder is a light green as you can see in the photo down below. It mixes up to an earthy, light mossy green.
I had gotten in a slump with the Holiday season and a boat load of sickness that has hit our family and just needed an extra push of energy. Since I’ve been using it, I’ve noticed an increase in my energy levels which is helping me to burn more calories throughout the day. I haven’t had time to really notice any weight loss but I do feel really great for several hours after drinking it in a tea or smoothie.
Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder is Culinary Grade Organic Matcha and has recently began being harvested in Shizuoka, Japan, within a tea region recognized by the United Nations as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System. It is harvested from a family-run tea farm that has been in operation since 1915. The farm has been certified organic since 2000, synthetic chemical free since 1994, and
reduced chemical usage since 1975.
Benefits of Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder:
- ALL DAY ENERGY & FOCUS: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha
- CALORIE BURNING BOOSTER: Support your weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body’s metabolism
- LATTES | SMOOTHIES | BAKING: Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder arrives in an easy-to-use airtight health grade packaging allowing for as much or as little use as you need for any occasion. Enjoy a relaxing latte in the morning, bake a dozen cupcakes or simply add a small boost to your morning smoothie
- Up To 137x ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA: USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea can only be used in a powdered form because, unlike brewed green tea, it contains the entire tea leaf which dramatically increases the nutritional content.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE | We offer 110% MoneyBack guarantee if for some reason you are not satisfied with our Matcha.
The smoothie that I make is super easy and while it is smoother if made in something like a Vitamix, it can be made in a regular blender or even a small food processor. I use a Ninja blender and it works great. If you don’t like the texture of smoothies, try running your fruit through a juicer instead and then blending your matcha green tea powder into the juice! You can either soak your chia seeds in the juice or run them through the juicer with the other ingredients. Just note that you won’t receive any fiber drinking it as a juice instead of a smoothie.
Here’s how I enjoy making my Blueberry Chia Matcha Smoothie.
Blueberry Chia Matcha Smoothie
- 1 C Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut MIlk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1 C Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 3 - 4 Ice Cubes
- *SEE NOTES: 1 tsp Agave nectar maple syrup or honey (optional)
- If preferred, pre-blend matcha powder and coconut milk together in blender or blender bottle to ensure smooth consistency. Otherwise, layer in blender followed by following ingredients.
- Soak chia seeds in matcha/coconut milk mixture for 10 - 15 minutes of preferred, not required.
- Pour chia seeds and coconut milk into blender.
- Add in blueberries and ice and syrup, if using.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
One 4-oz (113 grams) Bag of Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder by Kiss Me Organics (UK Customers) (Canada Site)
Do you use Matcha powder and if so have you tried Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder by Kiss Me Organics?
Hi! I’m Crystal Martin, a stay at home mom of 4, living in KY with my high school sweetheart husband of 20+ years. My husband and I are co-bloggers at Cinnamon Hollow where we write about homesteading, travel, beauty, our lives with our kids and pets, fun and free printables as well as the products and services that make our lives just a little bit easier – and a lot more fun!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get this FREE No Soliciting Sign in your inbox shortly after signing up!