You might not think about travel planning with Microsoft Office 365. When it comes to travel, I try to be as organized as possible and #GetItDone. And Microsoft Office 365 helps me do that. It’s not just for business.
Disclosure: I participated in the Microsoft Office 365 campaign on behalf of One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
I use Microsoft Word and OneNote to create things that will help me in planning and organizing our trip. Things like:
- Packing Lists
- Grocery Lists (we rent a cabin and purchase food to take and cook)
- Meal Lists
- Itinerary for Blogging/Media Opps while traveling
- Attraction Times and Prices
- Countdown Calendars to help get everyone excited and in the mood for vacation
- Cover Art for our vacation travel binder that I use to keep attraction tickets, media passes, parking passes, travel receipts, etc.
A Microsoft Office 365 subscription includes OneDrive cloud storage where I can, not only, store photos and docs for upcoming travel blog posts but also copies of our lodging confirmation and receipts and PR emails.
Microsoft Outlook lets me keep in touch with PR reps and lodging agents as well as family through email as well as syncing the family calendar so each member can see travel dates from their mobile devices.
I received a really nice blogger kit to help with my review. It included an awesome laptop bag, Microsoft Office 365 #GetItDone t-shirt, mobile hotspot and Skype headphones. These items will really help me continue to stay organized while I’m on vacation. This is a semi-working vacation so I have to be accessible and I can stay in touch with the Skype headphones and free minutes in my Office 365 subscription, while carrying my laptop, iPad and chargers in the super cute laptop bag. The hotspot, unfortunately, doesn’t have service in our area or our vacation area so I won’t be using it just yet, but I can put on the soft t-shirt and get down to business in the evenings! I’m so ready for this trip!
And, if at night, I’m not ready to draft my blog post in WordPress, I can draft my ideas and save them to the cloud along with photos for editing and posting later. There are so many things you can do with Microsoft Office to help simplify your daily life. Not only does it help me with my blogging and Business Assistant work by allowing me to share files and notes with my clients and store items for blog posts, but it also allows me to keep important files, photos and calendar events and access them from anywhere I have internet access. Let’s face it, our 9 to 5 lives have changed and we tend to rely heavily on modern technology in our home and office. LOVE it!
WOW! Would YOU consider working more hours or taking a pay cut to have more flexibility?
5 Tips for how to #GetItDone with Microsoft Office 365
1. Save documents in the cloud. From home, school, work and everywhere in between, it’s important to have tools that work the way you do. Office 365 lets you save your documents in the cloud on OneDrive so no matter where you are, your information and ideas are available on your terms.
2. Take digital notes. OneNote is a digital note-taking app designed to keep you organized. Use it at home, school or work for recipe collecting, class notes, projects and more. Not only is OneNote part of Office 365, but it also comes as a free app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Capture thoughts, ideas and to-dos in one place with OneNote, then access them across your devices via OneDrive
3. Use Office on your phone. Get stuff done on the go with Office on your iPhone or Android phone. Access, view, edit, and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents by simply downloading Office Mobile on your phone and logging in with your Office 365 account.
4. Collaborate with anyone. Office Web Apps are free, touch-friendly web versions of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and OneNote. Share and simultaneously work on documents with classmates, friends, and co-workers from any browser.
5. Have Office on five devices. You and your family work on more than one device and so does Office 365 Home Premium. With one subscription you can put Office on up to five PCs or Macs and five phones (iPhone or Android).
You can also use it to keep on top of your fitness goals, nutrition plans, workout routines and more by tracking them in Excel and uploading to the cloud with SkyDrive to share with your trainer, or just to have on-hand when you’re at the gym or on the go with your phone. Or collaborate with friends and family on your next dinner party using SkyDrive to share your latest documents (Word dinner menus, Excel RSVP lists, décor inspirations in OneNote, etc.)
I’m sure you’ve noticed the #GetItDone hashtag I’ve used throughout this post and are probably wondering what #GetItDone, or better yet, #GetItDone Day is. Well I’ll tell ya!
With the holiday season quickly approaching, the need to get things done away from the office has never been greater or more desirable. To help people realize how—and what—they can get done no matter where they are, Microsoft has declared November 7th Get It Done Day to start a movement for the unbound accomplishers—everyone from the enterprise Chief Technology Officer to household Chief Family Officers.
To bring the day to life, Microsoft will host installations in the form of giant check-marks throughout New York City on November 7th to highlight where major accomplishments are getting done and changing the world. They’ll also showcase how people can collaborate and work together in real-time using technology like Office 365.
Those living in New York can pop by the Microsoft Office hub location in Times Square, between 46th & 47th on November 7th, 2013. If you’re not in town, anyone can use the #GetItDone hashtag to join the movement. And from Nov. 7th– 21st people can enter for a chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip of a lifetime!
The following giveaways expired in 2013.
Microsoft Office 365 #GetItDone contest on Facebook! Enter the Microsoft Office 365 #GetItDone contest for the chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip of a lifetime! Show Microsoft how you #GetItDone. You and a friend could win a trip to some of the most happening events anywhere. Get it done alongside the most accomplished athletes, filmmakers and musicians around—on a trip to NYC, a journey to Park City, Utah, or a musical voyage to Austin, Texas. Visit https://bit.ly/GetItDoneContest to share and enter to win: A February trip to NYC, America’s most get it done city—with enough cash to buy tickets to the big football showdown, or catch your favorite Broadway show Slap on your skis and head to Utah this January, where you can get it done in between indie flicks in Park City. Fly to Austin in March, where you’ll enjoy a boot-scootin’ week of living history, live music and interactive in the heart of Texas.
Microsoft Office 365 Giveaway! One of you super lucky folks is going to win your very own One-Year Subscription (US $99.99 value) of Office 365 Home Premium (US only)! Includes: The latest and most complete set of Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access. One license for the entire household to use Office on up to five devices, including Windows tablets, PCs or Macs, and get Office on Demand from any Internet-connected PC. An additional 20 GB of OneDrive cloud storage, nearly three times the amount available with a free OneDrive account. 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world. Future upgrades, so you always use the latest time-saving technology. Automatic save to SkyDrive, so your documents — and even your personal settings — are always available from virtually anywhere and on your favorite devices. To enter, follow the instructions in the Giveaway Tools widget below. Giveaway ends 11/18/13
Crystal is a stay-at-home- mom, living in KY with her husband and children. She is a travel and lifestyle blogger encouraging folks to live their life one adventure at a time while also focusing on beauty, essential oils and health. From time to time she also likes to showcase her adorable pets along with her family. Along with Cinnamon Hollow she can be found at The Martin Family Adventure … read more